When I was in high school, one of the clubs sold warm cookies in between classes as a fundraiser.
These cookies were basically warm, legal crack. The smell traveled through the halls of the school, taunting all of us kids who had most likely skipped breakfast in favor of more sleep. On days when I had a few extra dollars, I’d run to where the cookies were sold to get a couple of white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. Which just goes to show that some things never change — I still LOVE white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, and the only way you can get me to consider running is the lure of dessert.
I’m sure that my old high school no longer sells cookies in between classes. It’s probably “frowned upon”. Do you ever notice that everything is frowned upon nowadays? One day I asked my son if kids still brought ice cream money to school to buy a treat after lunch. He looked at me like I’d lost my mind. So apparently the answer is no. Ice cream money is not a thing.
I kind of feel sorry for my future grand kids. How will they ever have any fun? Will we be required to wrap them in bubble wrap before they play outside? Will the school cafeteria sell those big cheesy rectangles of pizza anymore, or will all the kids have to eat quinoa patties? Will preschools start serving fruit infused spa water instead of juice boxes?
Serious questions, people. Serious questions.
In honor of my favorite cookies, I decided to turn them into CUPCAKES!! And it was the best idea ever. These buttery cupcakes are packed full of macadamia nuts, white chocolate, and topped off with a creamy, silky smooth white chocolate cream cheese frosting.
For. Real. This stuff doesn’t even play.
You are going to LOVE these!! Eat as many as you want. You have my permission.
- 2 sticks salted butter, slightly softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups macadamia nut pieces
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- 4 oz (half a block) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 24 muffin tins with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Add vanilla.
- With the mixer on medium low, add flour and milk alternately, starting and ending with flour mixture and scraping the bowl as needed. Fold in white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until center of cupcakes spring back when lightly touched. Remove from oven and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Prepare frosting:
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat chocolate chips and heavy cream, stopping to stir every 30 seconds until smooth. Set aside to cool until no longer hot.
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat butter and cream cheese on medium speed until smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl, then add melted white chocolate and vanilla extract, beating on medium until smooth. With the mixer on low, slowly add powdered sugar until just barely mixed in. Increase mixer speed to high and beat for one minute, until light and fluffy. Generously frost cooled cupcakes.
Enjoy, friends! Have a great day!