These sweet and salty Pretzel, Peanut Butter Chip, M&M Cookies are simple enough to bake with the kiddos!
Pretzel, Peanut Butter Chip, M&M Cookies
Partnering with brands that I love makes running this website financially possible. I am so grateful for the opportunity to share this recipe with you today on behalf of Country Crock. Although I was compensated for this post, all thoughts and opinions are completely my own.
Well, friends, it is officially May. Which is known in Arkansas as rain and tornado season.
It is hard for out-of-state friends to understand how a person can live in an area that gets tornado warnings semi-regularly. And while I assure you that it isn’t any fun, like all things, you get used to it and adapt.
One thing that I’ll never get used to, though…is entertaining a bored toddler who just wants to GO OUTSIDE. I’d love to be known as that caution-to-the-wind mom who takes the kiddos out to jump in puddles, but it just isn’t happening. There are things like good hair and getting struck by lightening to consider. So instead, I get out the baking supplies, put my perfectionist nature in the backseat, and let my Lucy Goose make a mess in the kitchen.
Our favorite baking routine is to get her dressed in her favorite Frozen costume, blast the Frozen soundtrack, and start measuring. We have found that the Country Crock® Make It Yours™ cookie recipe is perfect for spontaneous (and much needed) cookie baking. It’s a great base recipe — thick, soft, and chewy. An added bonus is that YOU decide what to mix in! Almost any add-ins you can dream up work in this recipe.
We dug around in the baking cupboard and found bags of peanut butter chips and mini M&Ms that were about 1/3 full. Perfect! We had some pretzel twists leftover from packing lunches all week, so we threw those in, too.
Lucy might have violated a couple of health codes during the baking of these cookies. Oopsies.
As much as I love the treats that we get as a result of our baking adventures, I love photos like this even more. We always have a great time making a mess, nibbling on ingredients, and singing. I hope it’s something we do forever.
As it happened, Jon David had two friends coming over after school, so these Pretzel, Peanut Butter Chip M&M Cookies were the perfect snack! Lucy and I managed to put a good dent in them before they made it home, though.
Never underestimate two hungry girls with nothing better to do.
Aren’t they lovely?
Whether you’re looking to entertain the kiddos or just need a quick and yummy cookie, anytime is a good time to use the Make It Yours™ recipe! Just toss in your favorite mix-ins and you’ve got some fabulous cookies.
Be sure to post to your social media using the tag #makeityours so Country Crock can check out your masterpiece!
- 1 cup Country Crock® Spreadable Sticks or Tub, cold from the refrigerator
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup mini M&Ms
- 1 cup mini pretzel twists, crushed
- Additional pretzels (roughly 2 cups or so) for pressing into tops of cookies
- Preheat oven to 375°. Mix Country Crock® Spread, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, egg, egg yolk and vanilla in large bowl until well mixed. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda until blended. (Dough will be soft and creamy.)
- Add peanut butter chips, mini M&Ms, and pretzels and mix until well-blended.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls on ungreased baking sheets 3-inches apart. Flatten slightly with the palm of your hand and press a mini pretzel twist into the top of each.
- Bake for about 9 minutes, until edges are lightly golden. Cool 1 minute on wire rack; remove from sheets and cool completely.
What would be your perfect combo of mix-ins?
Thanks so much for reading and have a great day!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Country Crock . The opinions and text are all mine.