Chewy, buttery Peanut Butter White Chocolate Kit Kat Cookies are perfect as after school snacks or lunchbox treats!
I don’t make cookies nearly often enough. I think it’s because there is no frosting involved, and I basically need frosting in order to survive. I have such strong feelings about frosting that things got a smidge awkward at a recent cupcake piping demonstration I did at a local event.
After teaching a few people how to pipe, I gave them each cupcake and they ate it. Word started traveling about my frosting, which is the same frosting I’ve made for infinity. Apparently great frosting is lacking in most people lives, because my frosting became a WHOLE BIG THING. People were coming up to me asking, “Are you the lady with the frosting?” which honestly, is one of the best questions you can ever ask a girl like me.
As people tried the frosting, they’d ask (with wonder in their voice), “WHAT IS IN THIS FROSTING??” and I’d reply, “butter, powdered sugar and vanilla”. I swear it was like they’d been knocked over with a feather. Then I followed up by telling them that the reason they’d been wasting their lives eating inferior frosting was because it was most likely made with Crisco. Yes…I told them. You’ve been eating mouthfuls of shortening.
Well, I may not have made a pile of new friends (I have been told more than once that my bluntness is a quality I might try to tame just a little) but I do think that I may have helped a few sweet lovers see the light. Regardless, I am a frosting girl through and through and my poor cookie loving kiddo suffers for it.
Enter, these chewy, peanut buttery, white chocolate crunchy dream cookies.
I LOVE Kit Kats in cookies — they are entirely underused, if you ask me. And white chocolate pairs so perfectly with peanut butter, that I knew that Peanut Butter White Chocolate Kit Kat Cookies needed to happen.
These are so great — not super crunchy and crumbly like the peanut butter cookies of your childhood, but just crunchy enough. The Reese’s Pieces add color and extra peanut butter flavor, and the White Chocolate Kit Kat add the perfect smooth sweetness and light crunch. These cookies are so perfect for tucking into lunchboxes — we all LOVED them!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, slightly softened
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups roughly chopped white chocolate Kit Kat pieces
- 1 cup Reese's Pieces
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat butter and both sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Scrape the sides of the bowl and beat in egg, milk, and vanilla. Beat in flour mixture until dough forms, then fold in candy.
- Drop cookie dough with a large cookie scoop onto baking sheet, about 3 inches apart. Slightly flatten with the palm of your hand, then bake for about 10 minutes, until edges are just barely golden.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for about 3 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
**heavily adapted from JIF
I hope you love these as much as we did. Enjoy!