These Oreo Cheesecake Brownies are a chocolate lover’s dream! Fudgy homemade brownies are topped with creamy cheesecake and full of cookie pieces.
Want to know something totally weird about me?
I get irritated when someone calls me without warning me first that they were going to call me.
Honestly, I have always felt like this was a normal thing to be annoyed about. I’m all, “HELLLOOOOO, texting exists for a REASON. What if I was in the middle of something and couldn’t talk? What if I was in the bathroom or at a pediatrician’s appointment? You don’t know my life. You can’t just call me all willy nilly like it’s okay to have a spontaneous conversation with voices without even allowing me to CLEAR MY SCHEDULE. Gah.”
Because I am going to tell you something –my normal friends and I clear it via text before we have real voice conversations. It’s a whole big thing.
Also? If someone texts and asks me if I have time for them to call me, I assume someone died or is in the process of dying. I go into the fetal position and have already worked out a eulogy before the conversation even takes place. Apparently my brain has decided that phones are only used for actually calling if death is imminent.
Then the other day I got a call and of course, I went through my “Gah, no text? You don’t know my life” monologue and then I stopped and realized that I am completely weird. I mean, it’s a ringing phone. I have decided that I need a warning that my device is going to ring, giving me the choice as to whether or not I actually answer it.
What is the world even coming to? I don’t know. I have issues.
Wanna know why I have issues? Because I spend my day with a toddler and brownies, cut off from society. Also, say weird things at inappropriate times. I tell the truth when I should lie. Real time conversations that don’t allow me to delete and retype and stare at the text, thinking carefully before I send it. I know my iMessage text bubbles pop up for infinity — I probably deleted what I was ACTUALLY going to say forty-eight times. Real voices do not allow for that.
We are all better off this way.
Also? Brownies make the world a better place.
This recipe is pretty dang fabulous. I used my favorite, one bowl homemade recipe, adding chopped up Oreos and a thick and creamy cheesecake topping. They are so easy to whip up!!
- 1 stick salted butter (I use Challenge Butter), melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 10 Oreo Cookies, chopped
- Cheesecake Topping:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of all purpose flour
- 5 Oreo cookies, chopped
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8x8 pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together butter and cocoa powder until smooth and thick. Stir in sugar until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Fold in the flour until just combined, then fold in the chopped cookies. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat cream cheese on medium speed until smooth, about a minute. Add sugar and beat on medium about 30 more seconds, until combined and fluffy. Add vanilla and flour, mixing on medium low until combined. Add egg, scraping down side of bowl and beating on medium low until smooth. Pour over brownies, using a sharp knife to marble just slightly with the brownie batter. Sprinkle cookie pieces evenly over the top, pressing in gently.
- Bake for about 25-35 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool before serving.
These are incredible! Enjoy, friends!