When I tell you about these bars, you’re probably going to think I’m crazy.
Which, honestly…I probably am.
(related — should a 10 month old be sleeping through the night right now? Her doctor seems to think so. Lucy…does not. PLEAAAAASSSSSE LUCY….SLEEEEEEEP)
However — one thing I DO know is desserts, and these TOTALLY work.
The ingredients? A little of this, a little of that, but mostly peanut butter and Fritos.
For years I have watched my Mother in Law dip her Fritos in peanut butter and I kind of thought she was a little cray.
But then I made these bars and it all made sense.
Peanut butter and Fritos are basically best friends. Who knew?
These bars have a Krispie Treat-like texture. Chewy and crunchy. You could easily leave off the candy corn, but I love the taste of candy corn and peanuts together, plus it adds nice color and a festive touch.
No such thing as too much sugar, that’s what I always say.
(I don’t always say that. Actually, that might be the first time I ever said that. What is sleep like?)
- 1 (10.5 oz) bag Fritos
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2/3 cup candy corn
- Butter a 7x11 or 8x8 pan and set aside.
- Pour Fritos in a large bowl, using a wooden spoon to break into large pieces.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, heat corn syrup and sugar to boiling, stirring occasionally. Once boiling, remove from heat and add peanut butter, stirring until smooth. Pour mixture into bowl with Fritos, stirring to coat.
- Press mixture (buttering your hands helps) into prepared pan. Sprinkle candy corns on top and gently press into surface.
- Let bars cool to room temperature before serving.
These are SO easy to throw together and so yummy!!