So, I’m hopping on a plane and heading to Austin this week with Lucy.
I can tell you right now that packing is NO picnic.
OMG ALLLLLLLLLLL THE THINGGGGGGS.
I already know that the measly weight limit isn’t happening. It’s not, y’all, and I don’t even care.
Honestly, I could go over that weight limit in hair bows and cosmetics alone. One suitcase for two girls? Don’t even play.
I’ve already been practicing my mean face in the mirror for the plane ride. Because I’m a people pleaser by nature and flying with a baby isn’t for the meek.
Obviously, I have to achieve the perfect balance of “so what my kid is crying and I’m breastfeeding in public, GOT A PROBLEM” face, without edging into “I’m planning something evil” territory. The last thing I need is to be accosted by an air marshal when I’ve got a boob out.
Anyways, if you’ve got any tips, I’d love to hear them. Otherwise, I’m just going to be doing a lot of scowling on the plane, and maybe pretend that I have a husband in the UFC.
If you’re wondering how to pretend to have a husband in the UFC, I assure you, it’s quite simple — just casually lay your iPad or tablet (a phone would work but since the screen isn’t as big I can’t make any promises) on your tray and make sure that this is open:
I love an easy icebox dessert that I can throw in the fridge for later. This is loaded with cream cheese, pineapple, and coconut, which basically makes it perfect.
Want a piece?
- 60 Vanilla Wafers, crushed
- 4 TBS butter, melted
- 16 oz (2 (8 oz) blocks) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup cream of coconut
- 8 oz Cool Whip, thawed
- 8 oz can crushed pineapple in juice, with the juice drained
- 10 oz jar maraschino cherries, drained and diced
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, combine vanilla wafer crumbs and melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat cream cheese and cream of coconut until smooth and blended. Fold in Cool Whip until combined. Carefully fold in pineapple and cherries and spread evenly over prepared crust. Top with coconut and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Enjoy and have a happy Wednesday!!