This no bake banana pudding cheesecake is cool and creamy — perfect for warm weather gatherings!
There’s a good chance you haven’t noticed (what, food blogs aren’t what keeps you up at night worrying and wondering? You mean there is more to life?), but I have been MIA for about a week. No new recipes for all the days.
I was invited as a member of a press to be on the inaugural voyage of Carnival’s newest ship, the Vista on a cruise around Europe. I’ll share photos and details soon (so many — SO MANY!!) but in the meantime, suffice to say that it was overwhelming in all of the best ways. I took my laptop on the trip, fully intending on writing some blog posts and catching up on work from the ship. But obviously…that never happened.
The time in Italy and Greece was 7-8 hours ahead of here at home, not to mention that a cruise ship is basically a floating oasis of oblivion. What day is it? What time is it? Wine for breakfast? Why not?
I finally got home last night after 23 hours of all the airplanes and customs and OMG reentry is not my favorite. I woke up this morning confused and sad. Kids were wanting waffles and there was grass outside of my window instead of an ocean. I attempted to pour a tiny glass of wine to have with my cereal (it’s important to ease oneself back to reality, after all) but then I realized that I’d have to be driving places today.
Do I still know how to drive? Which pedal is the gas, again?
Can I install a soft serve machine in my kitchen?
I decided that my first order of business today would be sharing a recipe with you. There really is no better way to start a day than with pie, and this one happens to be particularly fabulous.
Banana pudding and cheesecake are two of my all-time favorite desserts, so I decided to combine the two to create one epic, creamy treat. This pie is no-bake, which makes it even better!
This banana pudding cheesecake would be absolutely perfect for your Memorial Day celebrations. Or just for shoving right into your face. I’ve heard that banana pudding has skin brightening powers, I don’t know.
I just know you’re going to love this!!
- 3 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 Tablespoons salted butter, melted
- Small box (3.4 oz) instant banana pudding
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 24 Nilla Wafers
- In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter until combined. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Place in the refrigerator to chill for one hour.
- In a small bowl, whisk together pudding mix and 3/4 cup cold water until smooth. Place bowl in the refrigerator. In the bowl of your mixer, beat cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla on medium speed until smooth. Beat in banana pudding mixture until smooth and combined.
- Spread banana slices over the top of the crust. Spoon half of the filling mixture on top, spreading to the edges. Place Nilla Wafers all over the top of the filling, then cover with remaining half of filling, spreading smooth. Place in the refrigerator for several hours to chill before serving.
Enjoy, friends!! Have a happy day :)