If you’re a fan of Key Lime Pie, you’re going to LOVE this Key Lime Icebox Cake!! All the flavor of Key Lime Pie with less work. This no bake treat is my new favorite dessert!
I don’t know if you know this about me, but I am a high anxiety individual.
Like…I like to think that my spirit animal is a unicorn, or maybe a tiger (rawr) but most likely it is a chihuahua. There I am, shaking in a corner with my eyes bulging out and my face looking super tense.
I’m one of those people who worries about repercussions of events that have not even occurred yet. I don’t even know. Someone really needs to take my brain away from me sometimes, because for real. Allllllll the scenarios.
Being an anxious person, I’m just going to tell you that my all time least favorite saying that ever happened is “everything will be fine”.
Seriously. Suckiest thing to ever be said.
My husband is an “everything will be fine” person, God love him. But “everything will be fine” people just don’t get what that does to an anxious person’s brain. It’s fuel to the fire, if you will.
Honestly, it’s downright insulting.
How can someone say everything will be fine when they don’t, in fact, KNOW THAT EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE??
My husband and I have this conversation regularly. He’s like, “I’m just trying to make you feel better” and I’m like, “You know what would make me feel better? A graph illustrating exactly HOW everything will be fine”.
I work in black and white, people. Not flowery feel goods. For the love, all us worriers know that “everything will be fine” is a lame attempt to shut us up.
So the next thing you know, I’m mad at my husband for insulting me and trying to shut me up and he’s like, “Why are you mad, I was trying to help” and I’m like “LIES, you just want to watch hunting shows in peace, I need a graph chart”. It’s a miracle I was ever allowed to be married. Don’t you ever think it’s weird how any ol’ crazy person can get married and yell at someone for not drawing charts and graphs?
I blame the government. That’s another thing you can do when you’re anxious — when people look at you like you’re crazy just say, “It’s that damn government getting me all worked up!!”. People get that, for some reason. It always works.
Also, make sure you say “Damn government” and not just “government”. It doesn’t have the same effect. Trust me on this.
Can we talk about this Key Lime Icebox Cake because OMG not even kidding, new fave.
Key Lime Pie has always been one of my number one favorite desserts, and I’m happy to say that this icebox cake is every bit as good. Maybe even better, because you get a good balance of filling AND graham crackers. It’s so easy to throw together (FIVE ingredients!!!) and is the perfect cool and creamy Summer dessert.
Totally give it a try OR ELSE!!
- 8 oz block cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 Tablespoons Key Lime Juice
- Roughly 12-15 graham cracker sheets
- 8 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat cream cheese on medium speed until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk and beat on medium, until smooth and combined, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Add key lime juice and beat until combined.
- Cover bottom of pan with graham crackers, breaking up or slightly overlapping as needed. Top with a layer of key lime filling - you'll want to use about a quarter of the filling and spread evenly. Repeat layers, ending with graham crackers. Cover pan tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove top layer of plastic wrap and carefully overturn ice box cake onto a plate. Remove remaining plastic wrap. Frost with whipped topping and serve.
I will be making this often this Summer — I think you will be too!
Enjoy and have a great day!