This Grasshopper Pie is always the first to disappear! If you like mint chocolate chip ice cream, you HAVE to try it! This pie is a simple, easy, no bake dessert perfect for summer time (or any time!)
What the heck is Grasshopper Pie?
The Grasshopper Pie is apparently related to the cocktail called The Grasshopper. The cocktail is equal parts crème de menthe, crème de cacao, and cream, which sounds….interesting, to say the least. The Grasshopper Pie became popular in the 1960s and is still a favorite to this day. There is just something amazing about mint and chocolate together, and I have a ton of recipes featuring this combo.
The Grasshopper Pie comes together really quickly, thanks to it being no bake. I use a store bought Oreo crust to simply things even more, but feel free to make your own!
More Grasshopper Recipes!
- Grasshopper Bundt Cake
- Grasshopper Parfaits
- Mint Chocolate Chip Brownies
- Mint Oreo Cupcakes
- Mint Chocolate Chip Truffles
Grasshopper Pie - Recipe + Video
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 8 oz tub Cool Whip thawed
- 1 Oreo Cookie Crust Store bought or homemade
- 7 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 16 Keebler Grasshopper cookies Mint Oreos will also work
- Green food coloring Wilton is my favorite
- Crush Keebler mint cookies in a large Ziploc bag. Some large chunks are fine, but you want mostly very small, even crushed pieces.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat cream cheese on medium until smooth.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and beat until combined.
- Mix in crushed cookies and fold in Cool Whip.
- Add food coloring and fold in until desired color is achieved.
- Pour into pie shell and chill for at least 4 hours.
If you like mint chocolate chip ice cream, you will love this pie. The crushed cookies give a minty flavor throughout, and the color is festive and perfect for Christmas. This pie is always hogged down at get togethers, so make it soon!!
Yes, in Arkansas we say hogged down. It means that people ate it really hard and then it was gone.
I hope you enjoy. Have a wonderful Wednesday!!