This cold, creamy Fruity Pebble Cheesecake is the perfect Summer dessert!
I HAVE THE BEST NEWS!!
I actually wasn’t planning on posting this Fruity Pebble Cheesecake today. I just made it this morning and wasn’t completely sure if it would turn out how I imagined or end up being a complete failure.
Well. It was the OPPOSITE of failure in EVERY way. SO good! No bake, fruity, cold, and sweet — perfect for Summer! I always work ahead on my recipes but this time, I couldn’t wait another day to post it. So I pushed back today’s planned post so I could share this with you now! You need it so bad!
(unless you don’t like Fruity Pebbles? In which case, my condolences)
Also!! I have another thing I am excited to tell you about. Can you even believe it? All of these good things on a Wednesday?!
Nothing ever cool happens on a Wednesday!
Well. Last night I was laying in bed, browsing Facebook and feeling bummed. I know that it’s not romantic to look at our phones in bed, but my husband was asleep and I couldn’t sleep and my book wasn’t grabbing me.
Why was I feeling bummed? Oh yes. Because everyone is so mean to each other! I was reading all these stabby statuses about bad parenting and politics and all I could think about was how I know that this is NOT how we really are. None of us.
And sometimes…all it takes is one person to say, “Hey guys, I’m pretty much a big fat failure. You too?” And then we be honest. And we become friends!
The very best work in the world is done when we are vulnerable. At least, that is my opinion. I’m not an expert.
So…on a whim…I posted this:
And I thought to myself…”this is so dumb. No one is going to comment. No one even SEES your Facebook page anymore.” So I told myself that I’d give it five minutes and if I didn’t have any replies, I’d delete it.
Well guess what? So many people commented! And I responded!! It was so wonderful, just a bunch of women talking honestly about how guilty we feel and how we suck at life sometimes.
I mean, I guess maybe this isn’t so great for our children. Oopsies.
But good news — the general consensus is that we love our children, we aren’t perfect, and usually…they turn out okay, despite our failings.
I’m one of the most sarcastic, cynical people in the world. But I also know that sometimes the best thing we can do for a situation — even a wrong, SAD, terrible situation — is realize that we can have the most impact on the people directly around us. How we interact with them, how we make them feel, and how we SHARE what is real in our lives instead of what is a load of filtered Instagram crap.
Also? We should share dessert. Dessert always makes the world so much better!!
This no-bake cheesecake is a dream dessert. It’s creamy, citrusy, and the Fruity Pebble crust is basically my new favorite thing.
You need it yesterday!! It washes down great with a glass of Pinot. Or so I’ve heard.
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 5 cups Fruity Pebbles cereal
- 2.9 oz Cook & Serve Lemon Pudding
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 cup water
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Fruity Pebbles cereal
- 16 oz Cool Whip, thawed
- Spray a 9 or 10-inch springform pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows, cooking and stirring until marshmallows are completely melted. Remove from heat; immediately stir in cereal until coated. Firmly press cereal mixture onto bottom and up the sides of prepared springform pan. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, mix lemon pudding mix, sugar, egg yolks, and water. Whisk over medium heat until mixture is thick and boiling. Remove from heat and set aside until completely cool.
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk on medium-high speed until smooth. Beat in cooled lemon pudding until combined. Fold in Fruity Pebbles and smooth mixture into pan. Top with Cool Whip and place pie in the freezer.
- Remove pan from freezer about 10 minutes prior to serving to let soften slightly. Slice and serve.
This is the happiest cheesecake ever!
Enjoy and have a great day!