These Fruit Gems combine moist banana bread, cinnamon cream cheese frosting, and fresh fruit. Light, fruity, and perfect for brunch.
Are there people who eat actual real breakfast through the week?
I have heard rumors that such aliens exist. I’ve seen commercials where even cereal is paired with fresh orange juice, toast, and sliced fruit as part of a complete breakfast. Do people actually eat cereal this way? Can someone please make a Lucky Charms commercial where the kid is sitting on the living room floor, eating cereal from a punch bowl with a ladle and watching Pokemon while his mom yells at him? This would really make me feel a lot better about my life.
People on television shows always eat pancakes and eggs and bacon for breakfast. Who has that kind of time? Do you know what hour I’d have to climb my butt out of bed in order to be showered, made-up, and have eggs and bacon on the table by 7:15? Four am, that’s what. And if my sorry self had to get up at 4 am, you can bet that by 7:15, I’d be throwing a Pop Tart at your face from the couch. Where I’d be napping.
Have you ever noticed on television that no one ever has time to eat the breakfast that the mom made? Can you even imagine.
Girl, if I got up at 4 am to make you bacon and eggs but you rushed out the door with an apple in your mouth, there would be a sunrise street fight happening. Who writes these shows? Is it possible that I’m actually doing life completely wrong?
On the off chance that you’re a normal human being like me, I bring you…Fruit Gems. A local restaurant serves these and they are basically the most gorgeous and genius treat ever. Yummy sour cream banana bread topped with cinnamon cream cheese frosting and sliced fresh fruit. Yummy for brunch or a snack! Or you can have everything prepped ahead and throw them together for a quick breakfast.
Why haven’t I ALWAYS been eating my banana bread this way? Such a good idea.
These also make a great gift to new mamas or teachers. Arrange on a cute little plate and you’re good to go.
- Banana Bread:
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, slightly softened
- 8 oz (1 block) cream cheese, slightly softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Assorted sliced fruit, for topping.
- Preheat oven to 300. Spray two 7x3 inch loaf pans thoroughly with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer, cream together butter and both sugars on medium speed for one minute. Scrape the sides of the bowl, then blend in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, and vanilla. Mix on medium speed until blended. In a separate bowl, combine cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and flour. Add to the banana mixture and mix on medium-low until combined. Give the bowl a good couple of stirs from the bottom, then divide evenly into prepared pans. Bake for one hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely on wire rack.
- Prepare frosting: In the bowl of your mixer, beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla on medium speed until smooth. With the mixer on low, add powdered sugar and cinnamon, beating until just blended. Increase speed to high and beat for two minutes.
- Slice banana bread and spread generously with cream cheese frosting. Top with sliced fresh fruit.
**banana bread adapted from Allrecipes
Thanks so much for reading and have a great day!! :)