This cool and refreshing Frozen Cherry Limeade Pie is the perfect dessert for saying goodbye to Summer!
So, I know we’ve pretty much given Summer a premature farewell, but I couldn’t truly say goodbye without a proper send off. This Frozen Cherry Limeade Pie is actually an update of an old recipe, but with a few tweaks.
Cherry Limeade is one of my favorite drinks from Sonic. I’ve heard that there are places that don’t have Sonic, but I refuse to believe that this is a possibility.
It just seems like if that were really so, there would be picketing and Facebook pages dedicated to the cause. Because hello, Cherry Limeades and Cheese Tots and Peanut Butter Fudge Milkshakes and Chili Cheese Coneys. Everyone deserves those things in their lives, it’s just a basic human right.
As much as I love the Peanut Butter Fudge Milkshake, I most often order Cherry Limeades because milkshakes have like a billion calories. It’s a true fact. There’s like a whole gallon of ice cream in every shake, it’s so deceiving, like dark magic or something.
My son orders milkshakes all the time though because he’s 9 and calories fall right out of his butt. It’s so ridiculous, the way he drinks shakes and literally just stays the same size.
If you ask me, it’s kind of smug. But kids are just kind of smug in general. It’s their thing, I guess. Being all energetic and bendy and drinking all the calories like it’s a normal way of life.
Whatever kids. Whatever.
This pie is such a great recipe to have in your repertoire — it’s creamy, tart, super simple to throw together, and a crowd pleaser. This is one of those desserts I throw together when I’m short on time. It’s so easy to double, too!
- 1 graham cracker pie crust (I used store bought, but I've been known to make my own from time to time...whatever floats your boat)
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 12 oz container frozen whipped topping
- 6 oz frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1 small jar maraschino cherries, drained, rinsed, and sliced into halves
- Additional whipped topping to top pie, if desired
- In a large bowl, fold together the whipped topping and sweetened condensed milk. Fold in the limeade concentrate (I add a couple drops of green food coloring if I'm feeling festive). Fold in the chopped cherries until mixture is smooth and combined. Pour into pie crust and freeze for several hours, until firm.
Enjoy, friends! Have a great day!