Frosted Cherry Cream Cheese Rolls are destined to become a new holiday favorite! With layers rich, buttery dough and tart and creamy filling, guests will be begging for the recipe!
This post is brought to you in partnership with Fleischmann’s® Yeast. Partnering with brands that I love and use in my daily life is a great opportunity to share what I love with you! These partnerships help me continue to provide you with free content. As always, all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
If you have been looking for the best recipe in the entire universe, I’ve got good news. You can stop your search. Because it’s right here.
This delightful little treat I’ve got for you here? It starts with a rich, buttery dough (a STICK of butter! THREE egg yolks!!), is filled with tart cherry pie filling and tangy cream cheese, and then finished off with a hefty slather of buttercream frosting.
You’ve got your soft, warm, fresh-from-the-oven-carbs, you’ve got your frosting (I slathered it!! You hear me?? No one can resist a good slather!), and there’s even fruit in the mix! See? It truly is perfection!
I always love planning something memorable and special for Christmas breakfast. Food is how I show love, and this recipe is the perfect way to bake a little extra.
How does one go about baking such deliciousness?
Well. I am very glad that you asked. Because as luck would have it…I took photos.
You’re going to start off with an easy dough that you whip up in your mixer. Simple ingredients you most likely already have – flour, sugar, salt, butter, milk, and egg yolks. Fleishmann’s® Rapid Rise Yeast is going to get your dough rising to absolute perfection – my dough turns out perfectly every time I use it!
Knead your dough and then refrigerate for about 40 minutes ( or overnight, so all you need to do is bake it the next day).
Divide your chilled dough in half and roll each half into a rectangle. Spread cream cheese beaten with a bit of sugar to about an inch of the edges.
Spread half of your cherry pie filling on top of the cream cheese.
Carefully roll up, cut into slices, and place in a buttered 9 inch round baking dish. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft free place until doubled in size. Bake in a 350 degree oven until golden brown.
I had to get them out of the house so I wouldn’t eat the whole pan!!
You know it’s a good recipe when you have to remove them from your house.
- 2 to 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 envelope Fleischmann's® RapidRise™ Yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 egg yolks
- Cherry Filling
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling (about 2 cups)
- Cream Cheese Filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- Buttercream Frosting
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Combine 1/2 cup flour, sugar, undissolved yeast and salt in a large mixing bowl. Heat milk and butter until very warm (120° to 130°F). Gradually add to flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add egg yolks and 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap; chill in refrigerator for 30 to 40 minutes.
- While dough is chilling, butter a 9-inch round pan. Beat cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until smooth and fluffy. Set aside.
- Divide dough in half. Working with one portion of dough at a time (leaving the other portion in refrigerator), roll dough to a 10 x 14-inch rectangle. Spread half of the cream cheese mixture over dough, leaving 1-inch border of dough around edge. Spread half of cherry pie filling over the cream cheese, still leaving the 1-inch border. Carefully roll up dough, starting from short end. Cut into 1-1 ½ inch slices and place in prepared pan. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Cover; let rise 1 hour in warm draft-free place.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 23 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
- For Buttercream Frosting: Beat butter, powdered sugar, salt, vanilla and 2 tablespoons milk in a medium bowl, adding milk 1 teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached. Spread over cherry cream cheese rolls when still slightly warm.
**adapted from Fleischmann’s Frosted Cherry Roll Recipe