Egg Nog Biscuit Cinnamon Rolls are an easy and cozy holiday breakfast that can be whipped up in no time!
This post is brought to you in partnership with Bisquick. I am always grateful for the opportunity to partner with brands that I love and use regularly. Bisquick is one of those brands, and working with them helps make running this website possible. As always, all thoughts and opinions are a million percent my very own.
Have you planned your Thanksgiving yet? Please tell me that you still need ideas for holiday weekend breakfast!
I’m always looking for cozy breakfast ideas for the holidays. Whether it’s the Saturday after Thanksgiving, a lazy snow day, or Christmas morning, there’s nothing like cozy comfort food and hot cocoa while we curl up on the couch with a movie in our pajamas.
It’s quite possible that lazy mornings are my most favorite thing on the planet. All that hustle and bustle on school days, who needs that? I mean…really. It’s quite harmful to my emotional health, having so much responsibility that soon after waking up.
It’s my personal opinion that there is no cozier breakfast on this planet than cinnamon rolls. The smell alone is enough to make my morning better. And also, cinnamon rolls have negative forty-three percent healthiness, which makes them perfect for lazy days. Lazy days are not for quinoa and fresh fruit, people. That would be ridiculous.
The only downside to cinnamon rolls is the time and effort required to make them. UNLESS YOU MAKE BISCUIT CINNAMON ROLLS OMG.
Your dough is as simple as Bisquick and egg nog.
No yeast — too wild and unpredictable. Nope, we are taking things easy on this cold, cozy morning. You’re barely awake after all. Who has time to deal with yeast?
After you make your 2-ingredient dough, just roll it into a rectangle. Slather on the butter and cinnamon-sugar, roll up jellyroll-style, slice, and bake in a round pan.
Pour a simple egg nog glaze (egg nog and powdered sugar — you’ve got this) over your warm rolls and swoon. Eat warm from the pan while watching Gilmore Girls.
Who WOULDN’T want to do this, is the real question.
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2/3 cup egg nog
- 4 Tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 Tablespoons egg nog
- Preheat oven to 400. Spray a 9-inch pie pan with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together Bisquick and egg nog until a soft dough is formed. Dust your counter or board lightly with Bisquick, then place dough on it, rolling into a roughly 12x6 inch rectangle. Spread with softened butter. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon and spread over butter to the very edges of your biscuit dough.
- Carefully roll the dough towards you, grabbing the short ends so you end up with a long roll. Cut into 1 1/2 inch slices and place in prepared pie pan, about an inch apart. Bake until golden on top, roughly 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and egg nog until smooth. Pour over warm cinnamon rolls and serve.
I love recipes that don’t call for a zillion crazy ingredients, don’t you? I always have a big box of Bisquick in the cupboard that I use for pancakes, waffles, dumplings, biscuits…you name it! As long as you have Bisquick and a few staples like eggs and milk, you can whip up all kinds of breakfasts on a whim!
Enjoy, friends! Thanks for reading and have a great day!