These Cookies and Cream Cupcakes are the BEST cupcakes ever! They are full of surprises! From the cookie in the bottom to the cream filling, they are over the top delicious!
Make sure and scroll down to see the recipe video!
I LOVE these Cookies and Cream Cupcakes!
These Cookies and Cream Cupcakes are a cookie lover’s dream come true. I can say that with authority because I am most definitely a cookie lover. I don’t care if it’s chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin or a simple Oreo, I love it. They’re the perfect dessert when you’re craving a sweet treat, but need it to be portable and easy to eat. The same can apply to cupcakes, which is another reason why this Cookies and Cream Cupcake is heaven on earth.
How to Make Cookies and Cream Cupcakes
I used a cake mix with these cupcakes, so they come together quickly. To make them extra special, I added an Oreo cookie to the inside of the cupcake, along with an amazing marshmallow filling! Then I topped them with an American buttercream frosting loaded with Oreo’s.
How to Make the Marshmallow Filling
Honestly, I could eat this marshmallow filling in a bowl by itself! I don’t overly recommend that, but maybe with some fruit on the side it would be ok.
To make the filling, combine butter, vanilla and whipping cream in the bowl of your mixer and beat on medium low speed. Add marshmallow cream and beat on medium until smooth. Slowly beat in powdered sugar until just barely mixed. Increase speed to high and beat for one minute, until fluffy.
Once cupcakes are cooled completely, fill the cupcakes. You can do this by cutting a small hole in the top of the cupcake and spooning the filling in, or putting the filling in a pastry bag with a bismarck tip and piping it in through the top of the cupcake.
More Cookies and Cream Recipes!
- Swiss Roll Cookies and Cream Cake
- Cookies and Cream Bundt Cake
- Cookies and Cream Bars
- Cookies and Cream Brownies
- Fudgy Cookies and Cream Cake
- 1 box Duncan Hines White Cake Mix
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 24 whole Oreos
- 1 stick salted butter, slightly softened
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 7 oz jar marshmallow creme
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 4 sticks salted butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- 15 Oreos, crushed VERY FINELY
- Preheat oven to 350 and line muffin tins with liners. Place an Oreo in the bottom of each liner.
- In the bowl of a mixer, combine cake mix, eggs, melted butter, and water. Mix on low speed for one minute. Increase speed to high and beat for a minute more. Fill liners 2/3 full and bake for about 20 minutes or until tops of cupcakes spring back when lightly touched.
- While cupcakes cool, make your filling.
- Prepare filling: In the bowl of your mixer, beat butter, vanilla and whipping cream on medium low speed. Add marshmallow cream and beat on medium until smooth. Slowly beat in powdered sugar until just barely mixed. Increase speed to high and beat for one minute, until fluffy. Frost cake and serve.
- Once cupcakes are cooled completely, fill the cupcakes. You can do this by cutting a small hole in the top of the cupcake and spooning the filling in, or putting the filling in a pastry bag with a bismarck tip and piping it in through the top of the cupcake.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat butter, cream, and vanilla on medium-low until smooth and well-combined. Slowly add powdered sugar. Once powdered sugar is barely mixed in, increase speed to medium-high and beat for 2 minutes. Fold in crushed Oreos.
- Generously frost or pipe frosting on cupcakes and top with a mini Oreo if desired.
Store uneaten cupcakes in the refrigerator.
These are always a sure hit when I bring them anywhere — one of my most popular cupcake recipes. Enjoy!