These chocolate peppermint pancakes are the perfect holiday breakfast! All you need is a few simple ingredients!
This post is brought to you in partnership with Bisquick. I am always grateful for the opportunity to partner with brands that I love and use regularly. Bisquick is one of those brands, and working with them helps make running this website possible. As always, all thoughts and opinions are a million percent my very own.
Have I mentioned that my daughter has suddenly decided that she wants a whole different thing for Christmas than what she’s been asking for for MONTHS??
Baby Alive is out. A remote control cheetah and a Star Wars scooter are in. Of all the things in the world to put at the top of her list, it’s a remote control cheetah.
I’m honestly not even sure that those exist. She might have just invented it. It honestly wouldn’t surprise me.
This is where us parents really fail with the whole Santa fiasco. He’s magic! Why *wouldn’t* he be able to craft a remote control cheetah at whim?
WHY DID WE MAKE OURSELVES BE A PRETEND MAGIC PERSON? Whose idea was this?
I can’t live up to this standard. I’m just a regular lady who shops at Target. I literally walked into a door frame and also spilled ketchup on my boob yesterday. There’s nothing magic about me. NOTHING.
I *do* make pretty magical pancakes. *toot toot*
The sneaky thing about these bad boys is that they whip up in a flash. No huge list of crazy ingredients, no huge hassle.
I always have a big box of Bisquick in the cupboard for when the craving for pancakes, dumplings, or biscuits strikes. It’s always nice to be able to whip up a hot breakfast on a whim, especially during these chilly months when we crave cozy food in the mornings!
These chocolate peppermint pancakes are such a yummy and festive holiday breakfast – serve them with freshly whipped cream and crushed candy canes (pick a few off the tree!) or even add some chocolate syrup. Live a little, am I right?
- 1 1/2 cups Bisquick Pancake & Baking Mix
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- Whipped cream:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- crushed candy canes or peppermints for garnish
- Heat griddle to 325 (or warm a skillet over medium heat).
- In a large bowl, stir together Bisquick, cocoa powder, and sugar. Mix in eggs, milk, and mint extract. Stir until combined - there will be lumps and that is okay.
- Ladle batter 1/4 cup at a time and pour onto hot griddle. Cook until it bubbles all over the surface, then flip and cook for a minute or so more, until done. Remove to a plate and continue until all of the batter is cooked.
- Prepare whipped cream: in the bowl of your mixer with the whisk attachment, beat heavy cream and powdered sugar on high speed until a stiff cream forms. Serve with pancakes and crushed peppermint candies for garnish.
Enjoy, friends! Have a great day!