Cap’n Crunch Chicken Tenders are a fun and easy way to spice up your weekly dinner routine! Expect no arguing over clean plates — these are definitely kid-approved!
I’ve always been of the opinion that there isn’t much better in the world than a really great chicken tender.
For years and years, it was the date meal that I swore by. I mean sure, it didn’t say much about my level of sophistication (in my defense I live in Arkansas), but chicken tenders are almost always good and incredibly easy to eat neatly. Have you ever tried to eat salad on a date? Dainty salad eating does NOT exist.
I’ve long been of the suspicion that it’s due to our lack of a utensil properly suited for chopped lettuce. Miniature tongs would really be ideal for shoveling salad easily into our faces, but no one has ever asked me and also, I’ve watched Shark Tank and those people are brutal. I’d leave in tears, hyperventilating and probably blurting out my deepest darkest secrets out of sheer nervousness.
(In my defense, yes I DID have one accident on the bus in fourth grade but I HAD A STOMACH BUG OK)
We spent a couple of weeks in Colorado for a laid-back (no crazy heat and humidity!) summer vacation, and while we were there, I decided it was time to give savory recipes a whirl on the blog. I cook dinner pretty regularly, and my family is SO super picky, I don’t get the opportunity to experiment with fun recipes very often. So guess what? Today I’m making dinner for YOU! And I’m thrilled to announce that these Cap’n Crunch Chicken Tenders were DEVOURED by my husband and kiddos.
There you have it — the picky eater seal of approval.
I’m a firm believer in the power of a great dipping sauce, so I thought I’d whip up a couple of fun and nostalgia-inspired flavors that pair perfectly with these sweet and salty tenders — Honey Peanut Butter and Sriracha Raspberry Jam. I know it sounds odd, but the sweet peanut butter and spicy jam complete this whole thing we have going on. Double dip — I give you permission!
- 1.5 - 2 lbs chicken breast tenderloins
- 2 cups Cap'n Crunch cereal, crushed finely
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Vegetable Oil, for frying
- Honey Peanut Butter Sauce:
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- Raspberry Sriracha Jam:
- 2/3 cup raspberry jam
- 1 teaspoon spicy Sriracha sauce
- Heat about a 1/2 inch of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Oil should sizzle when flour is sprinkled in it, but should not be smoking.
- Place Cap'n Crunch crumbs in a shallow bowl or on a plate. In another shallow bowl or plate, combine flour and salt. In a shallow bowl, whisk together egg and milk.
- Dredge each chicken tender in the flour mixture, then coat in the milk/egg mixture, then place in the Cap'n Crunch crumbs and coat thoroughly. Place 3-4 chicken tenders in hot oil at a time, cooking until dark golden on each side -- roughly 3 or 4 minutes per side. Place cooked chicken tenders on a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil.
- Using a fork, mix together peanut butter and honey. In a separate bowl, mix together raspberry jam and spicy Sriracha until jam has a sauce-like consistency. Serve in small bowls alongside chicken tenders.
Thanks so much for reading! Have a great day and enjoy!