Has the heat got you down? I’m sharing over 20 of my favorite ice cream treat recipes to cool you down!
Oh you guys…not even playing, it has been miserable here in Arkansas.
After a relatively mild Summer, we are staring 100 degree + temps right in the face. Have I ever mentioned that I don’t do well in heat? I wilt, quite literally.
Well, actually…my make up melts, my hair falls flat, and I complain a lot, which is pretty much the same thing as wilting. Regardless, it is miserable and it makes for stir crazy kids who can’t play outside because it feels like an oven.
Enter — ice cream. Ice cream just kind of saves my life when it’s super hot outside. It’s yummy, it’s cold, it makes the kiddos happy…all wins.
Here are some of my favorite ice cream recipes to beat the heat. These would be perfect for Labor Day weekend, don’t you think?
1. Pudding Pop Milkshake (tastes just like drinking a Pudding Pop!)
2. Pineapple Jello Salad (love this cool and creamy dessert)
3. Banana Pudding Milkshake (a copycat of my Chick-fil-a fave!)
4. Strawberry Malt Pie (so pretty and pink)
5. Peppermint Patty Bombs (incredibly easy and so cute!)
6. Cupcake Milkshake (kiddos love this cupcake flavored shake)
1. Mini Rolo Flurries (a copycat of my favorite McDonald’s treat)
2. Thin Mint Ice Cream Cups (perfect for parties)
3. Chunky Double Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches (so much better than store bought ice cream sandwiches!)
4. Frozen Margarita Pie Bars (tart and creamy)
5. Frozen Peanut Butter Butterfinger Pie (one of my all time favorites!)
6. Ice Cream Cake (the perfect party cake — my kiddos love it!)
1. Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Bars from Two Peas and Their Pod
2. Red Velvet Ice Cream Cake from Life, Love & Sugar
3. Roasted Strawberry Malted Milkshakes from Kailley’s Kitchen
4. Ice Cream Bon Bons from The View From Great Island
5. No Bake Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwiches from In Katrina’s Kitchen
6. Frozen 7 Layer Banana Split Pie from The Kitchen is My Playground
1. Chocolate Candy Bar Ice Cream Pie from Chocolate, Chocolate and More
2. Java Chip Milkshake from Inside BruCrew Life
3. Fried Ice Cream from Overtime Cook
4. Homemade Vanilla Cola Ice Cream Sandwiches from Cupcake Project
5. Ice Cream Sundae Milk from Homemaking Hacks
6. Frozen Peanut Butter Mocha from Back for Seconds
We are HUGE ice cream fans around here…I need all of these treats!! Enjoy and have a great day!