My husband and I have been together almost ten years now.
Which means that I have officially stopped dressing for him and started dressing for women.
I mean honestly…if we dressed for men, we’d wear tight jeans, a low cut t-shirt and heels every day, like we are a living Jordache commercial circa 1989.
Also, I am pretty sure all my ballet flats could go die in a fire and my husband wouldn’t shed a single tear. It’s true. Men don’t love the ballet flat so much.
Anyways…since we are talking girly and froofy, I thought I’d make a cupcake in honor of one of my favorite drinks — strawberry margarita.
I’m not a cool guy’s guy beer girl. I go straight for the expensive slushy drinks that are served in a mini punchbowl.
Don’t act like they aren’t delicious.
These cupcakes are strawberry with a hint of zippy lime, and the frosting is probably the best ever.
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (3 oz) package strawberry Jell-O
- 10 oz package frozen SWEETENED strawberries, thawed and pureed (DIVIDED into 1/2 cup and 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup thawed frozen margarita concentrate
- 1/4 cup of the strawberry puree
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 3 TBS thawed frozen margarita concentrate
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Margarita salt for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 24 muffin tins with paper liners and set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer, combine cake mix, Jell-O, vegetable oil, eggs, 1/2 cup of the pureed strawberries, and the 1/2 cup of margarita concentrate. Mix on low for one minute. Scrape sides of bowl and beat on medium speed for two more minutes. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full and bake for about 15 minutes or until tops spring back lightly when touched. Remove to cooling racks and allow to cool completely.
- Prepare frosting: In the bowl of your mixer, beat butter and strawberry puree on low speed until smooth. With the mixer on low, slowly add powdered sugar and mix until just combined. Add margarita concentrate and beat on medium high for a minute, until smooth, light, and fluffy. Frost cupcakes and garnish with a sprinkle of salt.
These are perfect for Cinco de Mayo, don’t you think?
Enjoy and have a happy Monday!!