Strawberry Banana Pudding Cupcakes combine all the best flavors in a memorable and handheld dessert.
This post is brought to you in partnership with Campfire® Marshmallows. As you know, collaborating with brands that I love makes running this website financially possible. Thank you for supporting me and brands that I share with you.
Have we ever figured out why all of the cupcakes in the universe aren’t filled? Filled cupcakes are infinitely better than not-filled, this is a well-known fact. So why are we even wasting our time? Sometimes I really don’t understand this crazy world we live in.
Sometimes when I’m at the store I look at Oreos and wonder why they even make the regular ones anymore. Don’t people only buy the Double Stuf? Why wouldn’t they? And what about donuts with a hole in the middle instead of jelly or cream — why are those still a thing? How are we supposed to evolve as a society if we keep selling people holes of air?
Surely if we all put our heads together we can figure this out. Maybe appoint a special committee or something, idk idk.
Our summer here in Arkansas has been particularly mild so far (knock on wood, good grief I probably shouldn’t have mentioned it) and we’ve been enjoying lots of lazy evenings outside around the fire pit. My backyard is my favorite place to be, and we love to sit around and chat while we roast marshmallows and make s’mores. I keep a stockpile of all the fixings in a large container so we can just whip it out on a whim — seriously, do it. You’ll never regret having a one-stop-s’mores-stock. You’re welcome.
Lately we are loving these Campfire Strawberry & Banana Roasters. The flatter shape is PERFECT for s’mores and you really haven’t lived until you’ve had a Ritz cracker/toasted banana roaster/milk chocolate filled with caramel s’more. Trust me, these fun and festive Campfire marshmallows are changing the s’mores game and I am HERE. FOR. IT.
I decided to whip up a cupcake inspired by our current favorite roasting marshmallows. Banana pudding cupcakes are kind of my favorite, so I thought I’d gild the lily by topping them with a whipped strawberry buttercream and a Strawberry Banana Roaster dipped in white chocolate and crushed vanilla wafers.
These babies check off all the boxes. If they were on cupcake Tinder, you’d be swiping way right.
Not that I have Tinder experience. But a girl hears things.
- 24 vanilla wafers
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 small box (3.4 oz) banana cream instant pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 stick salted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 small box (3.4 oz) instant Banana Cream pudding
- 1 3/4 cups cold milk
- 1/3 cup frozen strawberries, thawed and pureed
- 2 sticks salted butter, slightly softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 24 lollipop sticks
- 24 Campfire® Strawberry Banana Roasters
- 6 oz white chocolate, melted
- 24 vanilla wafers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 24 muffin cups with liners. Place a vanilla wafer in the bottom of each cupcake liner and set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, and melted butter on low speed for 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium and beat for two minutes. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched in the center. Remove to wire racks and let cool completely.
- Prepare filling: In a medium bowl, whisk together cold milk and banana pudding mix until thick, about 2 minutes. Once cupcakes are cool, cut a circle from the middle using a small knife and fill with pudding.
- Prepare frosting: In the bowl of your mixer using the whisk attachment, beat butter and pureed strawberries on medium low until combined. Slowly add powdered sugar until just barely mixed in. Increase mixer speed to high and whip for two minutes. Frost cooled cupcakes, covering the hole with the filling.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Insert a lollipop stick into each marshmallow. Dip half of each marshmallow in melted white chocolate, shaking off excess. Place on lined baking sheet and sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Let set, then insert into frosted cupcakes.
Have a happy day!