So I am 99% sure that Lucy has initiated some sort of conspiracy against me.
She’s adapted this new rhythm in the way she cries. And by rhythm, I mean that LITERALLY. It’s like she learned an acceptable fake cry, and repeats the same noises OVER AND OVER AND OVER…
It kind of sounds like a dying hyena, but to the beat of a car alarm. Basically the worst noise ever invented. When I hear that sound coming through the baby monitor, I lay there and fantasize about strapping the monitor to an anvil and dropping it from a cliff with a stick of dynamite.
Because yes, my 3 am evil baby monitor fantasies are right out of an episode of Loony Tunes.
Anyways — cookies.
My favorite kind of recipes are the ones that take a great classic and put a super simple twist on them.
Peanut Butter Blossoms are one of my most favorite cookies EVER, but I decided that a Snickers in the middle needed to happen. And now I seriously don’t think I can ever make these cookies any other way. They are SO addicting!!
I subbed butter for the shortening that is normally in this recipe, which means that you’ll need to chill your dough so the cookies don’t spread and flatten. But DEFINITELY go the all butter route — it makes the cookies so chewy and rich instead of crumbly.
Try them ASAP!!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, slightly softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 TBS milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, for rolling
- 1 bag Snickers minis, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat butter, brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla, and milk until blended.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add flour mixture. Mix until completely blended.
- Cover dough and chill for at least several hours or overnight.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop chilled dough and roll into a ball with your hands. Roll in granulated sugar and place about 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets. Bake for about 9 minutes, until edges are just starting to turn golden. Remove from oven and immediately top with a Snickers mini, pressing into the center of the cookies. Let cool on baking sheets for a couple minutes before removing to wire rack to finish cooling.
adapted from Allrecipes.com
Enjoy and have a FABULOUS Thursday!!!