Want to know something super embarrassing?
My son won’t eat my cupcakes.
Technically, he won’t eat ANY cupcakes, but obviously, the only time I get offended is when he won’t eat MINE.
People are constantly saying things to him like, “Wow, you’re lucky to have a mom who bakes ALL THOSE CUPCAKES!!” and he just kind of nods awkwardly and walks away.
Because he isn’t lucky. Also, he’s probably an extra terrestrial.
Sometimes when he asks if he can have a Cosmic Brownie, I’m all, “there’s a bunch of cupcakes in the fridge” and he looks at me like I’ve lost my mind. Then I try to tell him about all the people who NEVER get home baked goods, and have to dream about them and cry.
The POINT of this story is to tell you that my son actually ate one of these cupcakes.
Then he smiled super big and asked for another.
Then I said, “Is your dad paying you to make me feel good?” and he said, “No, I just really like these” and I said, “Let me check your pockets for cash” and then he was all, “please don’t reach in my pockets, that’s awkward”.
Then I wished that he was three again. Because almost nine is a horrible age.
Snickerdoodles are Jon David’s favorite cookie, so it’s no wonder he loved these Snickerdoodle Cupcakes– they taste just like them!!
I topped these with a cinnamon cream cheese frosting with just a bit of granulated sugar added to give it a little crunch.
So so good. These are a FABULOUS homemade cupcake to have in your arsenal — they bake up so pretty, too!!
- 2 sticks salted butter, slightly softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1 stick salted butter, slightly softened
- 4 oz (1/2 block) cream cheese, slightly softened
- 3 TBS granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 24 muffin tins with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Add vanilla.
- With the mixer on medium low, add flour and milk alternately, starting and ending with flour mixture and scraping the bowl as needed. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until center of cupcakes spring back when lightly touched. Remove from oven and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Prepare frosting:
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat butter, cream cheese, granulated sugar, and vanilla on medium until smooth. With the mixer on low, slowly add powdered sugar and cinnamon. Beat until smooth.
- Add heavy cream and increase speed to medium high. Beat until light and fluffy, about a minute. Frost cupcakes and sprinkle with additional cinnamon sugar if desired.
Enjoy and have a very happy Monday!
**If you’re interested in the super cute tea towel in my photos, you can purchase one HERE on my Noonday Site. They are handwoven and certified fair trade. I love mine!!