Make your very own s’mores in the kitchen with this simple S’mores Brownie Cupcakes. Campfire Giant Roaster Marshmallows fit perfectly on top of the brownies. Just add chocolate and a graham cracker — the gooey, chocolatey treat is perfect.
Unfortunately, it has done nothing but rain for the past two weeks. I’ve honestly never seen anything like it here in Arkansas…usually it’s scorching hot and we practically live in the pool. But this year? The grass is wet and muddy, the kiddos are still wearing jeans, and the pool is sad and empty.
Also? No s’mores over the fire pit. Lame.
Desperate times call for desperate measures, you guys. Vitamin D deficiency and a case of the stir crazies is one thing, but when my s’mores consumption is affected, it’s time to take action. Enter, S’mores Brownie Cupcakes.
Campfire actually makes my most favorite s’mores marshmallows ever — Giant Roasters. If you’ve ever seen those bags of gigantic marshmallows at your grocery store, those are them! They fit on a graham cracker perfectly. I mean…who wants to make a s’more with a marshmallow that only covers a tiny corner of the graham cracker? It makes no sense and we all know it.
These marshmallows cover the whole dang thing perfectly. When they melt, they make the perfect gooey, sticky, marshmallow-ey s’more. We all know marshmallows are the S’mores Stars. The chocolate and graham cracker are just along for the ride.
Since our outdoor Summer situation is a wet muddy mess right now, I decided to put Giant Roasters to work in my kitchen. They fit perfectly over the top of a cupcake, soooo….it was meant to be. Obviously.
I used my favorite homemade brownie recipe to make yummy brownie cupcakes. When you take them out of the oven, just top with a marshmallow (I cut them in half horizontally so they wouldn’t be too tall), stick back in the oven for a minute to let the marshmallow puff up, add chocolate and smash on a graham cracker.
Then eat the whole gooey, messy, chocolatey thing. And give me four of them, please. For quality control.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, melted
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 8 Campfire Giant Roasters Marshmallows
- 6 milk chocolate bars, broken into thirds (I used Hershey Bars)
- 8 graham cracker sheets, broken in half
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line 16 muffin tins with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter and cocoa powder until the mixture is smooth and thick like fudge sauce. Stir in sugar until combine. Add eggs and vanilla, stirring until combined. Stir in flour until no streaks remain in batter.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full and bake for about 15 minutes or until center of brownie cupcakes spring back when lightly touched.
- While cupcakes are baking, cut marshmallows in half horizontally. Place one marshmallow, cut side down, on each cupcake. Pop back in the oven for a minute or two, until marshmallows are puffy. Remove from oven and top with a third of a chocolate bar and a graham cracker half. Serve within an hour of topping with marshmallows and chocolate -- when the marshmallow hardens back up it makes it hard to remove the cupcake wrapper.
Desserts don’t get much better than this — even the kiddos can help with this one!
Enjoy and have a great day!
**This post is sponsored by Campfire Marshmallows. I was compensated by Campfire, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.