Red Velvet Peppermint Blossom Cookies are so easy to make but look like they they took a ton of effort! That’s a win in my book!
Red Velvet Peppermint Blossom Cookies
You know those kind of recipes that require very little effort, but give you great results?
This is one of those kind.
Honestly, getting anything baked nowadays is a miracle. I don’t know how some people make this whole baby thing look so easy — is there a brand of baby that never cries and changes their own diapers that no one has told me about?? If I have time to wash my hair and fold a load of laundry, I consider my day a huge success, let’s just leave it at that.
Anyways — these cookies.
They’re so easy, so yummy, and the recipe makes a bunch of cookies. They look great on a holiday cookie plate, too, so even new baby mamas can win at Christmas!!
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 8 oz (1 block) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 bag white chocolate peppermint Hershey Kisses, unwrapped
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat butter and cream cheese on medium speed until well combined. Add egg and vanilla and beat. Add cake mix and beat until combined. Chill dough for 2 hours (or longer if you get busy or your baby is crying a lot).
- Preheat oven to 350. Scoop cookie dough with a 1 inch cookie scoop and roll in powdered sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake for 11 minutes. Remove from oven and press a Hershey Kiss in the center of each cookie. Remove cookies to wire rack to finish cooling.
Adapted from Paula Deen
These are so good and so festive. I love them!!
Enjoy and have a very happy Monday!!