Red Velvet Marshmallow Bars are perfect for Valentine’s Day and the recipe couldn’t be simpler.
Red Velvet Marshmallow Bars
So, I’ve been sick all weekend.
Being sick when you have a tiny baby is basically a whole other category of misery. Because babies really don’t care if you’re sick or tired, and they certainly don’t make cute little cards or bring you glasses of water. They just cry like normal.
Also, they make those poops that go everywhere BUT in their diaper like normal, too.
My husband tries to help, but the only thing worse than being sick and holding a screaming baby is being sick and watching your husband hold a screaming baby in what you believe to be the complete WRONG way.
Not that I’m a control freak or anything.
The other day I was hit with a burst of energy and did a bunch of baking while Lucy took a rare long nap. These bars were on my list — they’re from one of my favorite Taste of Home recipes, but I adapted them for Valentines Day. They’re so easy and kids love them!!
- 1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 1/4 cup (1/2 a stick) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup Valentine M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray 9x13 pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer, combine cake mix, butter, water and egg. Mix on medium low until a smooth, thick batter forms. Press batter evenly into pan. Bake for about 20 minutes, until puffy and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately top with marshmallows and candy -- place back in the oven for a couple minutes, just long enough for marshmallows to puff up.
- Let cool completely before cutting and serving.
Adapted from Taste of Home
These Red Velvet Marshmallow Bars couldn’t be simpler, and kids love them!!
Enjoy and have a happy Monday!!