Red Velvet Cake Batter Hearts are a sweet and easy treat that will surely make your favorite Valentines smile.
Red Velvet Cake Batter Hearts
So, I am probably not supposed to talk about this, but my son kind of likes a girl now.
He’s 8. I want to cry.
I try to be cool about it, because as he gets older, I know it’s important that he feels like he can talk to me. But on the inside, I’m sobbing with snot running down my face. It’s true.
And because he is my son, and I love him, I try to encourage him to be sweet to this girl so that no other boy steals her. I mean…I’m not too keen on him having a lady friend, but the only thing worse is him suffering from a broken heart.
A week ago, he went to a skate party. And his love interest was there, so my husband and I gave him some cash to buy her a glow stick necklace.
As I watched him hand it to her, I suddenly noticed moisture on my face.
I was crying. And NOT tears of joy.
It’s illegal for second graders to get married, right?
Anyways. My very best blogging friend Shelly came to visit me this week.
And while she was here, we decided to do some baking. We ended up baking a whole week’s worth of Valentine’s Day treats!!
Is it too early for Valentines stuff?? Sorry. (Except I’m not.)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup red velvet cake mix
- 1/2 of a 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 lb vanilla almond bark or candy melts
- In a large bowl, combine dry cake mix, powdered sugar, sweetened condensed milk and melted butter until thoroughly mixed. You can use a wooden spoon, but I always end up using my hands. Cover with a damp paper towel to prevent mixture from drying.
- Melt candy coating or almond bark according to package directions. Place a small amount in the bottom of each heart candy mold, enough to fill the mold about 1/3 of the way. Roll about a teaspoon of the cake batter candy into a ball and press into the candy mold. Spoon more melted candy on top and sprinkle with rainbow sprinkles. Place in the fridge to harden.
I used THIS heart mold. I really loved the size and shape of it!!
I love using THIS to melt my candy. It melts it perfectly and keeps it warm so it doesn’t harden back up while I work.
These make great Valentines Day gifts. They’re also great for stuffing your face with when you need to eat your feelings.
Enjoy and have a happy Monday!!