Looking for some fun ways to bake up those boxes of cake mix in the cupboard? Look no further! I’m sharing my favorite recipes from my site and around the web!
Cake mix, cake mix! In some homes, this is probably a dirty word, but I’m all about the cake mix around here. A good homemade cake is always nice, but not everyone has the time, energy, or (let’s face it) money to bake from scratch.
When I did cakes out of my home, no one seemed to want to pay the cost of a homemade cake — there is a remarkable difference when it comes to price of ingredients! Not only that, but not everyone is cut out for baking. The way I see it, if a box mix is less intimidating and gets you in the kitchen, who cares? It’s only after we are comfortable baking that we really step out of our comfort zone and try more complicated, from scratch recipes. So go on with that mix, I’ve got your back!
I’ve rounded up my favorite cake mix recipes, both from my site and my friends on the internet. Hopefully you find a few recipes you want to try — I want all of them!
1. Banana Pudding Layer Cake — yellow cake stuffed with banana pudding? I ain’t mad.
2. German Chocolate Cake Bars — German chocolate cake mix is the base for these chewy bars. But let’s be honest — it’s all about the frosting.
3. Twinkie Layer Cake — Twinkies are my Heaven on Earth, and this cake is like eating a GIANT Twinkie! Ugh, so good.
4. Honeybun Cake — my boys adore this cake. I could make it every day and it wouldn’t be often enough.
5. Death by Chocolate Cupcakes — Chocolatey chocolate chocolate.
6. Funfetti and Cookie Overload Ice Cream Cake — One of my all time faves! So fun and perfect for parties!
1. Peanut Butter Fudge Sundae Cake — peanut butter and chocolate is never bad.
2. Chocolate Covered Cherry Whoopie Pies — these beauties are so impressive and so EASY!
3. Gooey Butter Toffee Cookies — my favorite simple cookie recipe.
4. Toasted Marshmallow Hot Fudge Cake — this cake is one of my all time ALL TIME favorites. If you need a low key, simple, completely irresistible dessert, this is it.
5. Fluffernutter Cupcakes — peanut butter cake, peanut butter marshmallow frosting. Yes and yes.
6. Copycat Chris’ Outrageous Cheesecake — a copycat of my favorite Cheesecake Factory dessert.
1. Cake Mix Cinnamon Waffles from Love from the Oven (that GLAZE!!)
2. Pink Lemonade Donuts from the Pint Sized Baker (so fun and Summery)
3. Blue Velvet & Raspberry Buttercream Cookiewiches from Frugal Foodie Mama (love the colors!)
4. Frosted Gooey Chocolate Cake Bars from Shugary Sweets (she had me at gooey. and frosted)
5. Cake Batter Cheesecake Brownies from Inside BruCrew Life (cake batter + cheesecake = life)
6. Strawberry Lemonade Cookies from Back for Seconds (fun Summer cookies)
1. Surprise Watercolor Layer Cake from Baked by Rachel (stunning!)
2. Chocolate Ice Cream Oreo Truffle Cake from Chelsea’s Messy Apron (are you even kidding)
3. Strawberry Lime White Chocolate Gooey Bars from Mom on Time Out (strawberry AND lime? Color me intrigued)
4. Banana Split Cake Mix Cookies from Taste and Tell (love banana split anything)
5. White Wedding Cake Milkshake from Will Cook for Smiles (wedding cake is my favorite snowcone flavor!)
6. Double Chocolate Kahlua Cake from Nutmeg Nanny (DOUBLE chocolate, OMG)
I hope you love these as much as I do! Enjoy and have a fabulous day!