These pumpkin streusel pancakes are the perfect cozy FALL breakfast. Treat yo’ self!
This post is brought to you in partnership with Bisquick. I am always grateful for the opportunity to partner with brands that I love and use regularly. Bisquick is one of those brands, and working with them helps make running this website possible. As always, all thoughts and opinions are a million percent my very own.
A chill in the air is in the forecast for next week and I couldn’t be more excited. Not to say that I’ve already been planning my flowy cardigan-wearing, but…well, I have. I’ve missed my cardigans, you guys. We have a special relationship.
Cozy is kind of a big deal in my life. My entire universe revolves around all things cozy — candles, big wool socks, chenille throw blankets, movies featuring people with British accents, and soft, buttery carbs. Keeping up with cozy is a full time job, and I have to say that I’m darn good at it. And when Fall rolls around…well. It’s kind of my time to shine.
Enter…the ultimate cozy breakfast. Perfect for lazy mornings after sleeping in and snuggling with the kiddos and watching cartoons, pancakes are my favorite comfort food. The kids always look forward to special breakfasts on the weekends, and a towering stack of pancakes never disappoints.
These Pumpkin Streusel Pancakes the perfect Fall breakfast and just over-the-top enough to impress. I always have a box of Bisquick in the cupboard for when the urge to make biscuits, pancakes, or waffles strikes, so the ingredients for this breakfast are always hanging around. Bisquick, pumpkin, eggs, milk, sugar, and a few spices. Easy peasy.
To start, you’ll mix up your crumb topping — Bisquick, brown sugar, and cold butter.
Ladle your batter onto a hot griddle. Once bubbles start to appear, sprinkle with streusel and let cook a bit more.
- 2/3 cup Bisquick
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 4 Tablespoons cold salted butter, cubed
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat griddle to 325 (or warm a skillet over medium heat).
- Prepare streusel: In a small bowl, combine Bisquick and brown sugar. Cut in butter and mix with your hands until combined and a crumb topping is formed. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together Bisquick, granulated sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Stir in pumpkin, egg, milk, and vanilla until smooth and combined.
- Pour batter by the 1/3 cup onto griddle. Let cook until bubbles start to appear, then add a sprinkle of streusel. Let cook until bubbly all over and brown underneath. Flip and top with another sprinkle of streusel. Cook until done, then remove to a plate. Repeat until all the batter is used.
- Prepare glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth.
Enjoy, friends! Have a great day!