I am over you.
I am sick of sweat, wearing shorts that show my chicken legs, and doing things outside.
I want casseroles, big books, fuzzy blankets, and early nights.
Fact — if you set the clocks up an hour and it’s dark outside, your kids go to bed none the wiser.
Not that I have ever tried it, it’s just a rumor that I might have heard.
Okay, I have tried it. Sue me. I firmly believe that it’s okay to lie to children if their safety is at risk.
And by their safety being at risk, I mean that their mother has been driven to the edge of insanity and the only solution is quiet time with
two glasses a glass of wine.
From this point forward, I will no longer heed to the whims of Mother Nature. I will be wearing sweaters, baking with pumpkin, and cranking up the crockpot like it’s my job.
Care to join me?
These cupcakes are as Fall as it gets — spiced pumpkin cake with a buttery praline swirl is topped with pumpkin spice cream cheese frosting.
The most important thing to remember when making these cupcakes is not to fill the muffin liners too full. Praline is sticky and it will bubble over and make a big (but delicious) mess.
You’ll put a spoonful of batter in the cup, a spoonful of praline, and another spoonful of cupcake batter. It should be NO FULLER THAN 2/3 FULL when you’re finished.
Just remember that, and you’ll be the happy owner of 24 of the most delicious cupcakes in the land.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Praline sauce:
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) salted butter
- 2 TBS heavy cream
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) salted butter, slightly softened
- 1 block (8 oz) cream cheese, slightly softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 24 muffin tins with liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cloves, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer, cream sugar, oil, vanilla and pumpkin. With the mixer on medium low, add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each. With the mixer still on medium low, slowly add the flour mixture, blending until mixed. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the bowl and make sure it's all mixed in.
- In a medium saucepan, stir together butter, brown sugar, and heavy cream over medium heat. Once the butter is completely melted, remove from heat and stir in chopped pecans.
- Put a large spoonful of pumpkin cake batter in each muffin tin. Top with a small spoonful of praline sauce, and another small spoonful of pumpkin batter. DO NOT FILL LINERS MORE THAN 2/3 FULL TOTAL. The praline sauce will bubble over and make a mess if they are too full.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched in the center. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes in pans before removing to rack to cool completely.
- Prepare Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat butter, cream cheese, and vanilla on medium speed until smooth and combined. Slowly add powdered sugar and pumpkin pie spice, beating on medium low until just combined. Add heavy cream slowly, then increase speed to high and beat for one minute. Frost cooled cupcakes.
These are seriously delicious — the praline swirl makes them extra rich and special!!
Enjoy and have a happy Monday!!