This Pistachio Pudding Layer Dessert is so so yummy and would be great to throw together for a pot luck!! It would make a great addition to your Easter celebration too.
One of the best things about being a housewife who is home alone all day is that it gives me an opportunity to do embarrassing stuff that I would never do in front of people.
Like make myself Cream of Wheat for breakfast.
Listen to Hanson. MMMBop is my happy song. You will not take that away from me.
Watch Saved By the Bell and Melrose Place reruns. As a kid, I was never allowed to watch Melrose Place when it came on after 90210, so I feel like it’s my karmic duty to watch while I eat all the candy I want. FOR LUNCH.
Use my scalp massager.
Put on Biore Pore Strips.
Or one of my favorites– eat a big bowl of Pistachio Pudding.
In case you didn’t know, eating bowls of pudding (especially green pudding) isn’t a cool-person-who-wears-glitter-and-says-funny-stuff thing. It’s pretty much a senior citizen thing. But I can’t give it up. It’s just so dang delicious.
But, a way to make it a teeeensy bit cooler and more socially acceptable is to make a layer dessert with it. And this one just happens to be delicious.
Also it’s green. If you’re on the St. Patrick’s Day bandwagon.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 8 oz block cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 1 box Instant Pistachio pudding
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Additional Cool Whip and Chopped Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350. Using your hands, combine flour, cold butter, and pecans until it forms a crumbly dough. Press into the bottom of an 8x8 or 7x10 pan and bake until golden brown (10-15 minutes). Remove crust to cooling rack and let cool completely.
- In the bowl of a mixer, combine softened cream cheese, powdered sugar and Cool Whip using the whisk attachment. Whip until fully combined and spread over the cooled crust.
- In a large bowl, mix pudding mix and cold milk until pudding is thickened. Fold in coconut. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with additional Cool Whip and pecans and refrigerate several hours until firm.
For a larger dessert, double the recipe and make in a 9x13 pan.
Enjoy and have a happy Wednesday!