These Peppermint Bark Oreos are the perfect holiday treat — great for gift giving!
I have been dipping Oreos in chocolate as part of my holiday baking every year for infinity. I know that chocolate dipped Oreos are hardly rocket science. You can actually buy them already dipped nowaways, but if you ask me, they aren’t as good.
This year, though, my Oreo dipping life was forever changed. I discovered THESE handy molds, which make coating Oreos in chocolate a zillion times easier. Not that it was ever difficult, but you know what I mean. The wax paper, the letting the extra chocolate drip off the cookie…it is a whole big thing.
These molds make the process crazy easy. So easy, in fact, that I might just start dipping Oreos year round. Chocolate dipped Oreos for St. Patrick’s Day? I don’t see why not. Seems Leprechaun-ish, don’t you think?
To use the molds, you just put a spoonful of melted chocolate in each mold, place an Oreo in it, pushing down slightly so that the chocolate pushes up around the sides of the cookie, then top with another spoonful of melted chocolate, spreading to the edges. Then just pop it in the fridge for 15 minutes or so.
Easy peasy, right?
The cookies pop right out of the mold once the chocolate is hardened, and they are all perfectly shaped.
Another bonus? The molds make it easy to play around with flavor combos. I decided to forgo my usual all-milk chocolate coating in favor of this peppermint bark flavor — dark chocolate on the bottom, white chocolate on top, and a good sprinkling of crushed candy canes.
Aren’t they pretty?
If you’re looking for a fun and easy treat to gift to friends or neighbors, these are perfect nestled in a little box. The extra touches with the crushed candy and chocolate drizzle make them look extra special. Why spend a fortune on fancy candies and stuff from specialty shops, when you can make these like a boss?
You might notice that I used holiday Oreos for dipping — they have a festive red center. Mint Oreos would be fun too, don’t you think? There are so many possibilities, I know you’ve got this. Now you go do you and rock the holiday goodies.
- 12 Oreo Cookies
- 2 cups dark chocolate candy coating (I used Ghirardelli Wafers)
- 2 cups white chocolate candy coating (I used Ghirardelli Wafters)
- 2 candy canes, finely crushed
- Melt candy coatings separately according to package directions. Place a spoonful of dark chocolate coating in the bottom of each mold, making sure it's enough to cover the bottom of the mold.
- Press an Oreo into each mold so that the chocolate is pushed up around the sides of the cookie. Spoon white chocolate on top of the cookie, spreading to the edges. Sprinkle with crushed candy, then drizzle with dark chocolate. Place in refrigerator for about 15 minutes, until firm. Remove from molds.
Enjoy and have a great day!!