You might be familiar with this type of cookie — it’s definitely a holiday favorite.
I’ve seen them called Tea Cakes, Italian Wedding cookies, Mexican Wedding Cookies…but I am fairly certain that THIS is my favorite version of all.
Pear Praline Wedding Cookies — you are welcome.
To make these cookies, I partnered with Naturebox, a fun company that delivers a box full of healthy, convenient, and UNIQUE snacks to your door every month!!
Each snack comes in a low profile, resealable bag — perfect for throwing in your diaper bag or purse for on the go eating. I’ll be the FIRST to admit that we aren’t the healthiest eaters around here, but these make it SO easy and fun — and with holiday traveling and preparation mode in FULL SWING, the timing for a box of these snacks could NOT be better!!
My favorite snack of all was the Pear Praline Crunch — a mix of pecans and cashews coated in a carameley pear flavor. My husband, who HATES pear flavored ANYTHING finally tried them…and couldn’t stop eating them (I ended up wishing I hadn’t let him try them…moms have to keep the good snacks a SECRET!!)
I KNEW that I needed to try them in a cookie — and with the holidays approaching, these wedding cookies are PERFECT!!
These are incredibly simple to whip up — you just need powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, flour, and Pear Praline Crunch.
(of course, you could use regular ol’ pecans and cashews, but they won’t be NEARLY as good. And BONUS — if you sign up for Naturebox and use the code COOKBOOKQUEEN at checkout, you get half off your first box!**!)
Make these happen SOON!!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, slightly softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Pear Praline Crunch (roughly one bag), ground finely (watch these closely -- if you use the food processor or blender you do NOT want to turn it to nut butter)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar for rolling cookies
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Cream butter and powdered sugar on medium speed, until combined and fluffy (about 2 minutes). With the mixer on low, mix in ground Pear Praline Crunch and vanilla. Slowly add in the flour, mixing on low until a dough is formed.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop dough, placing on an ungreased cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. I like to flatten mine slightly with the palm of my hand so the cookies aren't as tall, but this is up to you.
- Bake for about 13 minutes, until cookies just barely start to turn golden but do NOT brown. Let cool on sheets for about 2 minutes, then roll warm cookies in powdered sugar and place on cooling rack.
- Once cookies are completely cool, I like to roll in powdered sugar again.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
I hope you love these cookies as much as I do!!
Enjoy and have a great Thursday!!
**Promotion is good for 50% off any of the 3 box sizes. Valid only on the 1st month’s box. New customers only. Not valid on gift subscriptions and may not be combined with any other offers.