These Peanut Butter Twix Cookies are HANDS DOWN one of the BEST cookies I’ve ever eaten. Buttery shortbread is topped with melted caramel, creamy peanut butter, and coated in melted chocolate. You need these in your life!!
It’s a very rare occasion that I say, “Ah mah gah you guys…you HAVE to make this blah blah recipe. Now. You HAVE to because it’s THE BEST EVER”.
Today I am saying it.
Honestly, there are lots of times I FEEL like saying that. But I don’t want to turn into the Girl Who Cried Wolf Recipe and you try something and it’s NOT the best ever and you come back here all, “Your recipes are always awful, I followed the directions EXACTLY, your recipes need to go die, also you’re not even a little bit funny”.
Which does happen.
Also some people don’t know how to take a joke or follow directions (even though they think they do) and also I am a human and sometimes I forget to type an ingredient or add the wrong number and that kind of typo is a REALLY BIG DEAL.
Nothing worse than posting a really great recipe one evening, and everyone is all, “OMG, totally trying this NOW!!”, then you wake up at 2 am and realize you forgot to type in a key ingredient. Not that I’d ever make such a mistake, I’ve just heard that it can happen.
But I say with confidence that these cookies are EPIC. You need to make them now now now and then find someone to throw half of them at, because otherwise you will eat them all.
People are always asking me how I stay so small, making desserts all the time, and my answer has two parts.
Number one is that usually by the time I’m done baking and photographing it, I don’t even want it anymore. I’ve nibbled, I’ve smelled, I’ve licked the spoon. Over it.
But THESE cookies. I started eating. And eating. Then I stopped because I was full, but I have plans on eating more later.
(Number two is that I gain all my weight in my stomach and boobs, not my thighs or butt. Which is a lot easier to hide. Flowy tops are a thing, but pants are pants. Soooo…there you have it. Mystery solved)
These cookies are actually very very simple — whip up some buttery shortbread cookies, spread on a thick layer of melted caramel, and add a generous swirl of creamy peanut butter. Coat all that in melted chocolate.
Bam zoom, fabulous level of infinity.
You are welcome, sirs and madams!!
- 2 cold sticks salted butter, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 11 oz bag caramel bits (or caramel candies, unwrapped)
- 32 oz chocolate candy coating or almond bark (I use Ghirardelli Melts which they sell in the baking section of the supermarket)
- Preheat oven to 300.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour and sugar together.
- Using a food processor OR your hands, cut in the butter until the ingredients are well mixed and the mixture can hold together when you squeeze it in your fist. Using a mixer (or your food processor if that's what your butter mixture is in), mix in the egg until a soft dough forms.
- Roll the dough into roughly 1 1/2 inch balls and place on nonstick baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Using the bottom of a glass dipped in flour, flatten cookies to about 1/4 inch thick. Bake for about 20 minutes or until edges are just barely golden. Remove from oven and let cool on sheets for a couple minutes before removing to rack to cool completely.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat caramel and 1 Tablespoon water for a few minutes, stopping to stir every thirty seconds until mixture is smooth. Spoon caramel onto the center of each cookie and spread, stopping just short of the edges. Let set a few minutes, then spread a small spoonful of peanut butter on top of the caramel.
- Melt chocolate according to package directions. Carefully dip each cookie by placing it in the chocolate, peanut butter side up and spooning melted chocolate over the top. Scoop cookie out with a fork, allowing excess chocolate to drip off. Place coated cookies on wax paper until chocolate has set.
Makes about 2 dozen large cookies
Enjoy and have a fabulous day!!