If there is one thing I truly know, one thing you should always trust me on, it’s cookies.
I am a cookie expert.
I have made a lot of yummy cakes in my day, some impressive pies, and some really delicious bars. But my cookies are what continually cause exclamations of “That is the BEST cookie I have ever had!”.
I know….you think I am exaggerating….I get it. But I wouldn’t do that. I don’t exaggerate.
Okay, maybe I exaggerated that one time when I told my husband I was gonna die if we didn’t move to Connecticut. And live in a house with a white picket fence.
And maybe, just maybe, I exaggerated when I told my son that if we didn’t go get his room clean I was going to call the show Hoarders. That show dismays him.
Possibly I exaggerated when I told my husband that a certain female was my mortal enemy. Because she has pretty hair. And I am super jealous. In all reality, I am not entirely sure what a mortal enemy is. But I have issues with good hair…..on other people. I saw it, the word mortal enemy came out……it was beyond my control.
I have issues. I’ll beat myself up later. Right now, I want to finish talking about my cookies.
There is something about me and cookies. We just click. Is it the recipes? My oven? My trusty Kitchen Aid mixer? I can’t answer that. But I do know one thing: If I give you a cookie recipe, and tell you it is from my magic stash…..you need to make them. Follow my recipe with ninja like precision, and it will open up a whole new world for you.
Unlike most peanut butter cookies, these are soft and chewy. They are what you have always wanted from a peanut butter cookie, but never dreamed possible. The M & M’s add just enough color and chocolate to take them to a whole new level of cookie awesomeness.
- 1/2 cup margarine (1 stick)
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- A heaping cup of M & M's
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream margarine, brown sugar, and peanut butter until smooth. Stir in the egg, milk and vanilla until combines. Stir flour mixture into the peanut butter mixture until completely mixed in. Add M & M's.
- Drop heaping spoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheet, a couple of inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Allow to cool on cookie sheet for several minutes, then transfer cookies to wire rack.
Make these magical cookies as soon as possible.