Chocolate Covered Strawberry cookies are soft and cakey with rich, creamy frosting! Even better – they’re incredibly easy to whip up.
Have I ever told you that it’s basically a miracle that I am a married person?
I am honestly not so sure how my husband does it. Not only that, but he’s not even a drinker, so 99% of the time, he’s dealing with me while stone cold sober.
Sometimes I record him snoring and then randomly text him videos during the day of him sleeping with his mouth hanging open in the recliner. I won’t share any of my candy. I crouch behind corners and jump out so I can scare the life out of him.
Also, I am always trying to figure out ways to get massages. It’s a 24 hour job, manipulating him into rubbing my legs, my feet, my neck, my head. Lucky for me, he’s not very good at saying no, so I basically get 400 massages a day. It’s wonderful.
Especially considering that sometimes I speak with a pretend foreign accent, and I won’t respond to anything he says to me unless he does the same. And you guys…he’s super bad at accents.
The cake part is make with cake mix. I know that some of you think that cake mix is the handiwork of Satan, but I am just not buying it. Sometimes, cake mix is the answer to all of the world’s problems and this is one of those times.
The frosting is made with butter, cream cheese, and pureed strawberries. Top that with a super simple 2-ingredient ganache, and you’ve got one stunner of a cookie.
I hope you love them as much as we did!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (I like Dark Chocolate Fudge)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 12 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sliced frozen strawberries in sugar, thawed and pureed
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix cake mix, eggs, water and oil in a large mixing bowl on medium speed until fully combined. Drop batter using a small cookie scoop on prepared baking sheet and bake for about 6-8 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Remove to a wire baking sheet to cool. Meanwhile, prepare the frosting.
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat butter and cream cheese on medium speed until smooth. Add the strawberry puree and beat on medium low until mixed. Add powdered sugar and beat on low until just barely mixed in. Increase mixer speed to high and beat for one minute. If frosting is too thin, add another 1/2 cup of powdered sugar to get desired consistency.
- Frost half of the cookies, flat side up. Prepare ganache.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate chips and heavy cream, stopping ever 20 seconds to stir until smooth. Let cool, then spoon over frosting. Top each frosted cookie with another cookie.
Enjoy and have a great day!