As a baker/blogger, one thing I’ve been hearing a lot about this holiday season is cookies.
And cookie exchanges.
Of course, I’m not a complete dummy. I realize that a cookie exchange probably involves cookies and exchanging them somehow…but until now, that was the extent of my knowledge on the subject.
As luck would have it, I recently received an offer to interview Leslie Stahl, the baking authority for Hershey’s Kitchens.
Of course, I was all over it. What better chance to get to the bottom of this whole cookie exchange business?
I also took the opportunity to ask a few cookie questions most often asked of my readers.
(I’m always thinking of you guys….you know that don’t you?)
The questions I submitted to Linda were:
1. What is a cookie exchange, and how would I go about hosting one?
2. What are some good ways to turn old favorites into something festive for the holidays?
3. I’ve had many readers complain about flat cookies. What is the most common cause of that, and how can it be prevented?
4. Where can I go to find more recipes and ideas for my holiday cookie trays?
5. How can a cookie recipe be adapted for high altitude?
6. What are some new and creative cookies that you are loving?
Check out Linda answering all my questions on video: