These brownies look impressive but are easy peasy to make. And they are also marshmallow-y and delicious!
I have decided that I need to start hiring someone to do my grocery shopping.
Is that possible?
Because, I’ve always thought that I was really good at it, until the other day when I was in line to pay and I started looking at the other carts around me.
And people had stuff like Healthy Choice dinners and frozen broccoli and lunch meat and stuff that makes sense for mature humans who eat balanced meals and stuff.
Then I looked at my cart, which had 2 scented candles, 10 gourmet lollipops (2 for $1, so I wanted to get an even number) an US Weekly, pink nail polish, Robin Hood on DVD (the old one with Kevin Costner), and a jar of marshmallow fluff.
Why haven’t I ever realized how awful I am at shopping?
To make matters worse, one of the people who had a “responsible cart” was a youngish looking man.
I have been a housewife for 7 years and I was defeated at grocery shopping by a youngish man.
That is just no good.
Also, there is this cashier who always always talks about what I’m buying and asks what I’m going to do with stuff. And when she asked what the Marshmallow Fluff was for, I lied and said “I don’t know” even though for real, I knew that I was using it for brownies.
I just don’t do well under pressure and plus, I feel awkward talking about blog food to strangers. What am I supposed to say, “Oh, I am going to put it on brownies and swirl it around and then take pictures of them and talk bad about you on my blog”??
So…the one thing I actually went to the store to buy on PURPOSE, I ended up acting like I didn’t know WHY I was buying it.
Which was to make Rocky Road Brownies.
AKA “The Best Brownies In All the Land”
Want to know how to make these, since they’re probably the most mesmerizing brownies of your life?
- Brownie mix (or recipe) for 9 x 13 pan of brownies, plus ingredients to make
- 7 oz jar of marshmallow fluff/marshmallow creme
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups of chopped or sliced almonds
- Line 9x13 pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray. Make batter and prepare brownies according to package directions. As soon as you remove the brownies from the oven, spoon marshmallow fluff evenly over the top of the brownies.
- While that gets all melty, make the chocolate frosting.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter with the milk and cocoa powder until it just starts to come to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and powdered sugar. Once fully combined, pour evenly over brownies and using a sharp tipped knife, swirl the marshmallow and chocolate frosting together. Immediately top with almond slices.
Super duper easy.
If you want, you can even make these without almonds.
But then, of course, they aren’t Rocky Road brownies.
They’re just chocolate marshmallow brownies, which takes longer to say.
So I suggest just adding the almonds to save yourself the breath.
But, whatevs, it’s up to you.
Hope you’re having a great day!! Thanks for visiting me!!