The recipe I’m sharing today is the type of recipe that gets me hate mail.
You know…because it’s full of chemicals and Cool Whip (which apparently is manufactured by the devil or something) and Twinkies, which can survive the zombie apocalypse.
But you should know that I do super horrible things all the time. Glopping a bunch of yumminess on a pile of Twinkies is really nothing in comparison to my usual shenanigans. Last week, the Nielsen Rating people sent me an envelope with $5 and a TV diary for the week.
I kept the money and didn’t fill out the diary.
In my defense, there wasn’t really instructions for sending the money back. Plus, they wanted me to account for every hour of television for every day for an ENTIRE WEEK.
I cannot even get two boxes of Girl Scout cookies for $5.
Also, I think that using me as a Nielsen person would be doing America a huge disservice. My husband mostly watches stuff about Bigfood or panning for gold, and I watch Teen Mom reruns, so what would that be saying about our fine country, hmmm?? It’s probably worth the $5 to just leave me out of it.
Since I’m already going down in fiery Nielsen Money Flames, might as well eat dessert, right?[/donotprint]
- 1 box of Twinkies
- 2 3.9 oz boxes Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- Cool Whip, cherries, and sprinkles for garnish
1. In a large bowl, whisk together both packages of pudding mix and milk for 2 minutes. Place bowl in the refrigerator to set.
2. Unwrap Twinkies and split lengthwise. Line a 9×13 pan with the Twinkies, cream side up. There should be exactly enough to line the entire pan.
3. Remove pudding from refrigerator and spread over Twinkies. Top with drained pineapple. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours.
4. Serve topped with Cool Whip, sprinkles and a cherry.
This is a really great potluck dessert, give it a whirl.
Enjoy and have a happy Wednesday!!