These Butterfinger Blizzard Cookies combine peanut butter, Butterfingers and chocolate cookies. Life doesn’t get any better than that!
My whole life, I have been a scaredy cat.
I don’t LIKE scary things and I don’t DO scary things. Ever.
Honestly, I do not see the point. I do not need a brush with death or a burst of adrenaline to make me feel alive. I am already alive. Everyday I get up and take a shower and empty the dishwasher and put on mascara, and while I do these things, I am a living human.
And I know this is a fact because I watch True Blood, so obviously if I was dead while I was doing these things I would burn up in the sunlight. And also, I tried to glamor my husband once and it did not work. So yes….I am an alive human every day. Doing things.
I am pretty sure my husband and son don’t even heed my constant warnings. It’s like the words, “Be Careful” don’t even exist in their vocabulary or something. Or maybe I’ve desensitized them to it. Anyways, I guess they think that I am just an over protective baby, but what they obviously DON’T realize is that I am actually holder of the most important job title in all the land.
Hurt People Prevention Person.
Like….you know how people think that Doctors have the most important job ever and they go to school for five thousand years and blah blah blah? Well, my job is way more important than that. Because I keep people from even NEEDING a doctor to begin with.
Think of all the money, pain, and time I am saving!! I should have earned like forty Nobel Prizes by now!!
And I do it all whilst undercover, pretending to be a mere housewife. Pretty selfless of me, if I do say so myself.
So for all of you who think I’m all boring and “safe” I just say FINE. If being vigilant about saving the land from pain and anguish and paper cuts is safe and boring then I guess I’m safe and boring. But don’t forget to thank me for saving your LIFE while you’re at it.
Amazingly enough, I somehow find time in between Hurt People Preventions to make cookies. Because people eating cookies are too busy stuffing their face to do dangerous things.
- Box of Chewy Brownie Mix (roughly 20 oz)
- 8 oz tub of Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Mix ingredients in a large bowl until combined. Chill for about an hour. Scoop dough by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets, spacing a couple of inches apart. Bake for about 9 minutes, or until edges look done and centers are puffy. Let cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before removing with a spatula and placing on a cooling rack.
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 8 fun size (or about 2 regular size) Butterfinger candy bars, chopped finely
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat butter, peanut butter, vanilla and cream until smooth. Slowly add powdered sugar and beat on low until just combined. Increase speed to high and beat for about 2 minutes. Fold in crushed candy bars.
- Spread filling on the flat side of one cookie. Top with another cookie and gently press down to stick.
- Eat lots of them and only share with nice people.
Peanut butter + Butterfingers + Chocolate Cookies = Always a good thing. In case you were wondering.
Want to check out another fun Butterfinger recipe? My friend Shelly from Cookies and Cups made Butterfinger Krispie Treats!!
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day. Stay safe!