**This post is sponsored by One2One Network on behalf of ACH Baking. I am an ACH Baking Ambassador.
Have I ever mentioned that pizza buffets are one of my very favorite things in the universe?
Because – dessert pizza.
My love for dessert pizza runs so deep that I am willing to overlook the fake bacon pieces in the salad bar, the screaming kids, and that one woman who always cuts in front of you to get the last piece of Canadian bacon pizza. Because let’s be real –dessert pizza is an excuse to eat junk food for dinner.
Of course, you are technically supposed to wait and eat the dessert pizza AFTER you eat regular pizza. But come on, it’s sitting RIGHT there! Unlike most restaurants that make you ORDER dessert later, pizza buffets just set it out there and keep getting more if you eat it all.
It’s kind of akin to magic, if you want to know the truth. Dessert magic, which we all know is the best kind that exists.
Up until now, I had never made my own dessert pizza, falsely assuming that it was too difficult. The crust! All the yeast and rising! I mean, I think we all know that I am no scientist.
After making THIS Cherry Pie Pizza, however, I am realizing that I have missed out on many years of homemade dessert pizza. It’s so ridiculously easy, you guys. All this time I’ve been dealing with the sub-par salad bars and people who cut in line, and I could have just been enjoying dessert pizza from the comfort of my own home.
Does it get better than sweatpants, dessert pizza, and a Gilmore Girls marathon? Of course it doesn’t, don’t be ridiculous.
This Cherry Pie Pizza is 30 minutes from START to FINISH, thanks to Fleischmann’s® RapidRise™ Yeast. You heard me! From the minute you start mixing up that dough until the time you pull it out of the oven – 30 minutes. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
I think you’ll love this recipe. The ingredients are straightforward, it tastes absolutely amazing, and it’s easy to sub in your favorite pie filling.
- 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann's® Pizza Crust™ Yeast
- OR 1 envelope Fleischmann's® RapidRise™ Yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)*
- 3 tablespoons melted butter OR margarine
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2/3 cup granola cereal
- Vanilla Drizzle
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and melted butter; mix until well blended. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead** on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. (If using RapidRise™ Yeast, let dough rest at this point for 10 minutes.)
- Pat dough with floured hands to fill greased pizza pan or baking sheet. OR roll dough on a floured counter to a 12-inch circle; place in greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Form a rim by pinching edge of the dough.
- Spread cherry pie filling over crust; top with granola cereal.
- Bake on lowest rack for 12 to 15 minutes, until crust is browned and granola topping is lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes.
- Combine vanilla drizzle ingredients in a small bowl. Drizzle over pizza. Serve warm.
- *If you don't have a thermometer, water should feel very warm to the touch.
- **To knead the dough, add just enough flour to the dough and your hands to keep dough from sticking. Flatten dough and fold it toward you. Using the heels of your hands, push the dough away in a rolling motion. Rotate dough a quarter turn and repeat the "fold, push and turn" steps. Keep kneading the dough until it is smooth and elastic. Use a little more flour if dough becomes too sticky, always working the flour into the ball of dough.
Have a very happy Tuesday!