Get a taste of the Summer with this Strawberry Lemonade Pound Cake. Bursting with lemon flavor and sweet strawberry glaze, this is the perfect treat for a Summer day!
Summer is coming to an end.
Am I happy about it? Am I sad? I think I’m torn.
I’m a creature of habit, a scheduler, a neat freak. So I welcome the quiet mornings, the early nights when the kiddos are tucked into bed at a reasonable hour, and the transition back into a school week schedule.
But I’ll definitely miss the warm Summer nights around the pool, cook outs, and cool, citrus-ey desserts full of sunshine.
Yes, 99% of what I miss about any given season is food related. Do not judge me, sirs and madams.
When Challenge Butter asked me to come up with a Summer dessert, I knew lemon needed to be involved. Because if the sun could eat food, I think it would eat lemons.
Wait — was that a weird thing to say? I think my 9 year old’s hypothetical questions all Summer have started to get to me.
As I’ve mentioned before, I am an Ambassador for Challenge Butter. Does it get any better than being an Ambassador for Butter? No, friends. No it does not. I have always hesitated with sharing my career with others, opting to say that I’m a stay-at-home mom when asked what I do for a living. But I have to say, Butter Ambassador has a certain ring to it and I don’t mind throwing that phrase around when I’m in mixed company.
The reasons I love Challenge Butter in particular are plentiful. It has a great rich taste, and it’s 100% natural from cows NOT treated with growth hormone rbST. My kiddos eat everything I make, so keeping hormones out of our food is really important.
Now let’s talk about this cake!
Isn’t it lovely?
The pound cake is sturdy and moist and full of lemon flavor. The strawberry glaze on top gives it the perfect amount of sweetness!
- 1 stick salted Challenge butter, slightly softened
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 3 TBS lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, thawed
- 2 2/3 cups powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350. Butter and flour one 8.5 x 4.5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
- Cream Challenge butter and 1 cup of granulated sugar in the bowl of your mixer on medium speed for about 5 minutes, until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then mix in the lemon zest.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. In another bowl, combine the 2 TBS of the lemon juice and the heavy cream. With the mixer on medium, add the flour and cream mixtures alternately to the batter, starting and ending with flour mixture. Pour into the loaf pan, smooth, and bake for about 45 minutes or until browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with moist crumbs but no batter.
- Let cake cook in the pan for about 15 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare glaze: In a blender or food processor, blend strawberries until smooth. Pour into a bowl and whisk in powdered sugar until smooth. Drizzle over cake and serve.
This cake is perfect for celebrating the end of Summer. And guess what? Challenge Butter wants to help you celebrate with a fun contest! Pop over to the Challenge Butter website to find out how you can enter to win $100,000 or one of hundreds of prizes!
Enjoy and have a great day!
**Occasional sponsored posts make running my website financially possible. I am SO grateful for the opportunity to work for fabulous brands that I believe in, as well as share those brands with you. I was compensated for the recipe portion of this post, however, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Always are, always will be.