Congratulations, Tanya!! You are the winner of a super fabulous New Orleans gift basket!!
Thank you soooo much for all the awesome comments…they made me happy and a little less nervous.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and address so I can mail you your prize!! (or just randomly show up at your door asking for a bowl of cereal..whatevs)
In just a couple of days, I will be leaving my safe, warm, cozy house and driving to Nashville to attend the Blissdom Conference at the Opryland Hotel.
I am so stinkin’ scared, y’all.
Large groups of women totally freak me out.
What if I say the wrong thing?
What if no one invites me to sit with them at lunch?
What if no one has heard of my blog?
Or worst of all–what if I wear the wrong clothes?
Because I am super smart, I decided to sit down and make a list of things that a cool person would do when faced with a situation like Blissdom.
So, here it is.
Tips to Guarantee My Success at Blissdom and Being Cool:
1. Wear jeans and a t-shirt that says, “My Other Outfit is from Anthropologie”. Everyone knows that the only thing cooler than wearing a snazzy, expensive outfit is wearing a t-shirt saying that you COULD have worn a snazzy, expensive outfit, but chose not to.
2. When approached by other bloggers, introduce myself as Ree Drummond, Pioneer Woman. When they laugh or refute my claim, I will look at them as though they are crazy and respond “okaaayyy…pretty sure I know my name and the name of my blog, you weirdo,”. I will then walk off, shaking my head and chuckling to myself as though I pity their cluelessness.
3. When caught in a situation where I say something stupid and an awkward pause follows (this will happen often), shout “who wants free money!!!” throw a handful of change, and run. It has been my experience that most people are distracted by money and/or shiny objects, so all my bases should be covered and a getaway should be successful.
4. Send out crazy tweets about a super fun party in my hotel room, making sure to include the #blissdom hashtag. Afterward, I will stare at my laptop, anxiously awaiting replies while I gnaw on the Fruit Roll-Up wound around my index finger and watch Hoarders reruns alone.
5. Make everyone super cute friendship bracelets with the embroidery floss that I’ve packed away in my Caboodle. I was actually thinking about setting up a little display and trying to sell them in the hotel lobby, but that might make people think I’m weird.
6. Be myself and hope for the best. Totally a last resort, but whatever.
If you care to follow me on Twitter to lend emotional support/snort and laugh at my failed attempts at sending cool #blissdom tweets, my ID is @bakescupcakes or you can click on the cute little icon at the top right of my blog.
Since I am in desperate need of support at this difficult time in my life, I decided it is the perfect time to give away the prize I bought while in New Orleans not too long ago.
Yes, I am trying to buy your love.
What else is new?
Here is the super duper prize…I bought it just for you!!
I purchased this gift basket in a super cute shop in the French Quarter. It contains a 15 oz can of Cafe Du Monde Coffee and Chicory, a large box of Cafe Du Monde Beignet Mix, 3 large Aunt Sally’s Creamy Pralines (flavors- Cafe Au Lait, Bananas Foster, and Original Creamy Praline), and your very own Arkansas Razorback Mardi Gras beads!!
Wanna know how to enter to win this fabulous gift basket?
Easy peasy–just leave a comment!!
Of course, I would prefer that your comment be uplifting and supportive during this emotionally fragile point in my life, but whatevs, I’m not picky.
I will be taking entries until Sunday January 30th at 11:59 pm and will draw the winner using Random.org. Winner will be announced Monday, January 31st.
Good luck and I hope you win!!