I think you’ll love these Cake Mix Candy Corn Cookies using Funfetti Cake Mix from Pillsbury Baking! It’s the perfect festive and SIMPLE Fall cookie recipe.
I don’t know about you, but this is the time of year where my schedule gets COMPLETELY overloaded.
In September, everyone is still recovering from their Summer hangover. And by hangover, I don’t mean literally. I mean that they are hungover from a lack of schedule. Lazy Summer days, family cook-outs by the grill, late nights outside catching fireflies…
(I actually made that firefly part up. Does that really happen? Because it seems cruel if you ask me)
But then October hits and everyone is all, “AAAAHHHH!! Must be in all the places!” and then the school is sending home forty seventy notes asking for you to come to this and that and can you send fourteen 2 liters of soda for the school carnival and also can you come to the Doughnuts With the Principal Breakfast and will you sell twenty cases of beef jerky for a fundraiser?
If you ask me, you should just say no to all the things. All of them. But most of us don’t say no, because we try to be kind human beings. So there we are with completely packed schedules and then we are supposed to bring a treat to the party that we didn’t find out until the night before because your son left the note crumpled up in the bottom of his stinky backpack.
So then what, I ask?
Well. You make these darn cookies and everyone thinks that you are boss. Because you are.
You’ll need a package of Funfetti Orange All Star cake mix and a package of Funfetti Neon Yellow cake mix. They make this project extra easy peasy because they are already colored! And since each bag is half the size of a normal cake mix, when you combine the two…you get the normal size. So you’ll get about 2 dozen large-ish cookies instead of infinity cookies. Perfect amount.
For the white glaze on the cookies, I melted a can of white Pillsbury frosting in the microwave until it was glaze consistency, then dipped the tops of the cookies right in the can. No one will even know how simple this all was, trust me on this.
These look like the perfect cookies for celebrating, if you ask me!
- 1 8.25 oz package Pillsbury Funfetti Neon Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 8.25 oz package Pillsbury Funfetti Orange All-Star Cake Mix
- 2 eggs (divided)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (divided)
- 1 can Pillsbury Creamy Supreme White Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350. In a medium sized bowl, combine one package cake mix, one egg, and 1/4 cup oil until a dough is formed. Do the same with the other package and remaining egg and oil in another bowl.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out one ball of each dough. Press together, then roll gently in your hands so that they form one ball. Place on baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 7-9 minutes or until edges are slightly golden brown and tops are crackled. Let cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cookies are cool, prepare your glaze: Remove lid and foil covering from canned frosting and place in the microwave for one minute, stopping to stir every 20 seconds. Dip cooled cookies in the frosting, top side down, allowing the excess to drip off. Place back on cooling racks until frosting has hardened.
Enjoy, friends! Have a great day!
***Sponsored posts make running this website financially possible, and I am SO grateful to have opportunities to team up with brands I love and use in my day to day life. Pillsbury Baking is one of those companies! I have been compensated for this post, but all thoughts and opinions are 157% my own.