I’m sharing the most pinned recipes for 2014 from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen!
Hey hey hey!
Are we still doing sugary stuff, or am I supposed to be making stuff with chia seeds and wheat germ now?
Both of those things terrify me (germ?? How is that NOT a scary word?), so I’m hoping we are all still on the sugar bandwagon. And the butter bandwagon.
Both are pretty great bandwagons, if you ask me.
I spent this past weekend kid-free in Tulsa with my husband. It was my birthday on Friday, so we celebrated all weekend by eating at The Cheesecake Factory twice. And Krispy Kreme. And I might have snuck in a frozen margarita or two somewhere in between.
So as you can see, my post-holiday diet is going fabulously!! I’ve got lots of padding to get my through the winter, so fingers crossed we have an epic blizzard to justify it all.
I decided to poke around and find my most pinned recipes of 2014. It’s always fun to see what catches your eye, and also kind of surprising. There were a few recipes I expected to see and didn’t, and a few I was really surprised were so popular with you crazy pinners.
Let’s take a peek:
1. No Bake Coconut Pecan Praline Cookies — I LOVE these, and so do you! They got a ton of pins November – December this year.
2. Foolproof Candy Apple — I have always preferred candy apples to caramel apples, and this recipe is perfect. They’re gorgeous and make perfect neighbor or teacher treats in the Fall.
3. Mounds Cake — this cake has been a huge hit since I first created it, and I always get rave reviews! It’s done really well on both Pinterest and Facebook.
4. Twinkie Strawberry Cheesecake Shortcake — further proof that we are so much alike — you guys love the same stuff I do! This no bake cake is an ALL TIME FAVORITE of mine. I’ve loved it since I was a kid!
5. Glazed Pumpkin Donuts — these yummy donuts are baked and not fried, which I am sure is part of their appeal.
6. Easy Coconut Refrigerator Cake — when an ugly ol’ cake is as popular as this one, you KNOW it’s got to be good! I make this cake a few times a year and it’s always well-loved.
7. Homemade Confetti Cake with Cotton Candy Cloud Frosting — the cake is fabulous, but that frosting is EVERYTHING.
8. Funfetti and Cookie Overload Ice Cream Cake — this cake is so fun, I was asked to share it in Woman’s World Magazine! It was very popular in their test kitchen.
9. Cool and Creamy Oreo Parfaits — this is a crowd friendly treat, and picky kiddos love it too! Perfect for potlucks if you serve it in a large dish.
10. No Bake Peanut Butter Marshmallow Bars — these no bake treats were a favorite in my house, too!
Thanks so much for reading and pinning (for real…any blogger will tell you, Pinterest traffic helps pay the bills!) — you guys always make my day.
Have a very happy Monday!