Not your typical cookie!! These graham crackers are covered in rich, creamy strawberry buttercream and coated in a thick layer of chocolate.
Can we talk about why it has taken me so long to figure out slapping frosting on graham crackers and coating them in chocolate?
I mean honestly. It’s a no brainer.
Frosting and graham crackers has always been one of my favorite snacks. When I was a kid we used canned frosting, though. Homemade buttercream wasn’t much of a thing back then.
Or maybe it was a thing? I don’t know. We never even had real butter. I grew up thinking Parkay was real butter, so it’s pretty much a miracle that I turned out normal. Do you ever think how weird it is that people basically ate chemicals all day long in the olden days?
And now people are all organic this and quinoa that. You think it would be the opposite. Life is just weird, that’s what I have decided.
As fabulous as graham crackers and frosting are, dipping it all in chocolate is infinity times better. Infinity!! Especially if you use homemade strawberry buttercream, which is OMG.
Also, did you know that my boys will only eat strawberries if they are cut up and sprinkled with sugar? What is that about? I have decided that they are allergic to anything healthy. So that’s the other good thing about these graham crackers — it’s the perfect way to sneak fruit into your loved one’s diet.
Just kidding. Kind of.
These little cookies are impossible to mess up — the only thing you really have to MAKE is the frosting. And frosting is the easiest thing ever. No oven, no weird sciencey ingredients like baking soda or yeast, just butter and sugar and stuff like that.
These are so great for lunches, or tucking into a little box of tissue paper to give to your kid’s teacher. You can even include a note that says, “Dear Blank, Thank you for putting up with my child every day. I don’t know how you do it. I mean…I love the kid dearly, but all day every day sends me over the edge. Basically, I owe you my sanity. And 3rd grade math — when did it get so hard? You’re a genius. Eat forty-seven of these cookies. You deserve them!”
- 6 whole graham cracker rectangles, broken into 12 squares.
- 6 Tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 2 oz (1/4 an 8 oz block) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sliced frozen strawberries in sugar, thawed and pureed
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 16 oz chocolate almond bark
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat butter and cream cheese on medium speed until smooth. Add the strawberry puree and beat on medium low until mixed. Add powdered sugar and beat on low until just barely mixed in. Increase mixer speed to high and beat for one minute. If frosting is too thin, add another 1/2 cup of powdered sugar to get desired consistency.
- Fill a resealable gallon sized bag with frosting, cutting off a corner to make a piping bag. Generously pipe frosting onto graham cracker squares. Place frosted grahams on a baking sheet and place in the refrigerator until firm and chilled, at least an hour.
- Melt chocolate coating according to package directions. Dip frosted grahams in melted chocolate, letting excess drip off. Place on wax paper to set up.
Who could resist? No one, that’s who.
You will totally love these, I promise!
Enjoy and have a great day!