I don’t know about where you live, but here in Arkansas, we are a week away from the last day of school.
I’d love to roll out the Mary Poppins song and dance about how exciting and whimsical our Summer will be, but that would be a flat out lie. Lucy’s not quite old enough for long trips yet, so we are kicking it here at home for three months.
I’m equal parts excited and terrified.
Other than swimming and the library (oh the air conditioning and wide spaces for a toddler to run), there aren’t a lot of activities suitable for both a toddler AND an almost 10 year old. Except…baking.
Lucy loves helping in the kitchen (and by helping, I mean eating chocolate chips), and Jon David is getting old enough to learn to cook. So there will be plenty of fun cookies and cupcakes coming out of my kitchen this Summer. One thing I feel strongly about is DESSERT, and I am looking forward to fingers sticky with cookie dough and big smiles all Summer long.
So. In honor of Summer baking, I’m giving away not ONE, but TWO mixers!! Hamilton Beach was nice enough to send me one of their 6 Speed SoftScrape Hand Mixers, as well as one of their 6 Speed Stand mixers, and I get to give them to you, too!
I loved both mixers. The stand mixer has a permanent spot on my counter and I use the hand mixer way more often than I expected. I didn’t have one (can you believe that?), so this was a surprise.
Here are some details:
Hamilton Beach Soft Scrape Hand Mixer
- Mix ingredients thoroughly to reduce manual scraping with a spatula
- Specially coated stainless steel won’t scratch bowls or nonstick pots
- Dishwasher safe
- Classic styling with brushed stainless steel housing
- Snap-on storage case — no more lost attachments
- Also includes 2 traditional metal beaters
- 300 watt peak-power motor
- Quick Burst™ button
- Bowl Rest™ feature lets mixer rest on bowl’s edge
- Same mixing action as KitchenAid® stand mixers*
- Mixing action gives complete bowl coverage
- Powerful 300 Watt motor
- Better mixing than 2-beater stand mixers
- 3 attachments offer mixing versatility
- 6 speeds and special fold setting
- Stainless steel 3.5 quart bowl
- Flat beater, dough hook & whisk are dishwasher safe
- Mixing head spins as it rotates completely inside the bowl
- Tilt-up head lifts out of the way for easy bowl access
Entering is easy, just leave a comment telling me what you’d use your mixers for. Simple as that!
Contest is open to U.S. Residents only, ages 18 and up. I’ll be taking entries until Monday, June 2 at 11:59 pm Eastern. Winner will be chosen Tuesday, June 3rd and contacted via email. IMPORTANT — if I do not hear confirmation from winner within 72 hours of sending the email, I will choose and new winner. Previous winner will be void. Thank you and good luck!
**I was provided product for review, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.