I’m sharing all my favorite finds for the month of November!
I am sorry to see the month of November go — I LOVE Thanksgiving so much! But I am excited to get ready for Christmas. I’ve already been decorating the house and trying to teach Lucy about Santa Claus.
I’m hoping that I can take her to sit on his lap without a fuss, but…not holding my breath. She’s going through a super duper clingy phase right now, so even peeling her off my leg to hang with her dad is a major undertaking. But we will give it a try and see what happens — a screaming and crying with Santa photo is a rite of passage, isn’t it?
Here are my favorites from last month — I’m kind of excited because I found some good ones!!
1. Serial Podcast — I am a lover of podcasts — they are so easy to listen to in the car and while I’m working and cooking. A few of my favorites are City Church (Judah Smith) or LifeChurch TV (Craig Groeschel) for sermons, or This American Life or RadioLab for just interesting pieces. Serial is a spin off from This American Life, and tells the story of a reporter who is investigating a 15 year murder case, in real time. Someone has already been convicted of the crime and is in jail…but the case held a lot of room for doubt. It’s so easy to get sucked into this podcast, and I’m torn every week on whether or not I think he committed the crime. I’m dying to get you guys sucked in too, so we can talk about it! One night I sat up in bed until super late, listening to it on headphones like a weirdo!
2. Sevan Sportsbra from Fabletics — I joined Fabletics a few months ago and LOVE it. It’s kind of like Stitch Fix, but for cozy, athletic, hang out at home or run quick errands clothes. The quality is amazing and the prices are cheap! Plus it’s super easy to opt out any month free of charge, which I love. Anyways — their Sevan Sportsbra is life changing. I’ve bought several in different colors, I love it so much. It’s comfy, slips on easily (no sweating, cussing, or learning origami to get it on and off), and is even great to sleep in. My son is 10, so I like to keep something on the ladies just to keep things unawkward (Is this conversation awkward right now because I feel like it might be weird, but it’s real life), but for the love, I don’t like wearing a bra all day. This is PERFECT. It’s like $11 I think? And worth every cent! It IS slightly thin…like you don’t want to wear it under a thin t-shirt and then venture out in public in the cold Winter air, but at home or under a sweatshirt or sweater in public, you are fine.
3. Electric Oil or Tart Warmer — Love my Scentsy warmers, don’t love when the bulbs burn out. This has no bulb, which I LOVE! Also, I was recently very upset to find out that Bath and Body Works stopped selling their scented oils. Their oils were my favorite — they smelled up the whole house and were a much cheaper alternative to their pricey candles. HOWEVER — I found THIS site which sells affordable and great smelling oils that work perfectly in an electric warmer like the one linked to here. My favorite oil scents from them are Christmas Elf Treats and Almond Macaroon.
4. Lipstick Queen Jean Queen — Gorgeous, slightly sheer, slightly glossy pink that is super flattering and wearable. Great for every day. It doesn’t stay on for a really long time, but I really love it!
5. GAP 1969 Always Skinny Jeans — I am probably one of the last people to finally try these jeans, but they live up to the hype. I love them! They are nice and thick material, but not stiff or uncomfortable. The rise is high enough that I’m not sucking in my stomach all day, too! They seem pretty true to size — I am normally about a size 6 or a 27-29 (depending on if the brand runs small or large) — the size 28 fits me perfectly.
6. Black Petite Kimono from Kiki La Rue — this is perfect for throwing on over a black or white t-shirt when I want to look nice but not super done up. It’s long and it has a more petite cut so it’s not crazy slouchy. It’s gorgeous!
7. MAC Strobe Cream — my secret for glowy skin. Just smear on your face after primer but before foundation.
8. Hogwarts Gryffindor Swing Shirt and Diaper Cover by RaeGun — I spotted this gem on Etsy and HAD to buy it for Lucy. I am such a fan of Harry Potter!! It arrived quickly, was every bit as adorable as in the photo, and fit Lucy perfectly. I paired it with a long sleeved white shirt and some grey ruffled tights and we got SO many compliments on it! This would be a really great Christmas gift for any toddler parents who are Potter lovers.
That’s it for November — I’d love to hear what you’ve been loving, too!