These rich Gooey Key Lime Bars are so simple to whip up and taste like sunshine!
I am a huge fan of key lime-flavored anything. In my younger days (ahem, last year) I kept slices of key lime pie in the freezer for when the craving struck.
The only problem with that was that the craving struck at least once a day. And unfortunately, “A key lime pie a day keeps the doctor away” is not a real thing that exists.
(Unless you guys are down for getting that going? If so, I’m TOTALLY ON BOARD)
So. These bars. Easier than a pie, dare I say yummier than a pie, and 1000% zippy and full of sunshine flavor. They have a gooey almost lemon bar-type center and pouring the lime glaze on while they are still warm lets it soak into the top just a little.
Or a rainy evening.
Or a dreary Monday morning?
Whatevs. You see where I’m going with this.
As you probably remember, I’ve teamed up with Pillsbury Baking over the last year to help you Celebrate More! I mean, it doesn’t have to be a birthday to celebrate, does it? Birthdays are only once a year, which is completely lame. Survive a PTA meeting? Celebrate! Go to the bank AND the post office all in one day? Celebrate! Get bored and do some online shopping? Celebrate! This is all just so obvious.
We all know that a celebration doesn’t count unless there are desserts. And Pillsbury Baking has lots of fun flavors to help make that happen — like the Key Lime cake mix and frosting I used in this recipe!
These bars come together in a snap and are the perfect warm weather treat. Impressive, yummy, and so pretty!
Be sure to scroll all the way down past the recipe for a chance to win a Celebration Prize Pack from Pillsbury! It includes fun Pillsbury mixes and frostings and a $100 Visa gift card. Just use the simple widget at the bottom of the post (may not be viewable on mobile).
- 1 box Pillsbury Key Lime Cake mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 can Pillsbury Key Lime Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 9x13 pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat cake mix, melted butter and 2 large eggs until a smooth dough forms. Press evenly in prepared pan.
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat cream cheese and eggs until combined. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Pour over crust in pan and bake for about 40 minutes or until top is light golden brown all over.
- Let bars cool for 10 minutes. Remove lid and foil from frosting and microwave for 35 seconds. Stir, then spoon over bars and gently spread evenly. Let bars cool for about 45 minutes, then cover and refrigerate until firm. Peel back foil and cut into bars before serving.
If you love lime, you are going to go crazy for these bars!
Thanks for reading and good luck. Have a great day!
**Sponsored posts make running this site financially possible. I am SO grateful for the opportunity to work with brands I love and think will benefit YOU! Pillsbury Baking is one of those brands. I have been compensated for this post, but all thoughts are 1000% my own.