Mini Red Velvet Cheesecake is a perfectly snack-sized treat! These creamy little chocolate bites are the perfect way to wish Happy Valentine’s Day!
This post is brought to you in partnership with Karo® Syrup. Partnering with brands that I love and use in my daily life is a great opportunity to share what I love with you! These partnerships help me continue to provide you with free content. As always, all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
Can we discuss mini red velvet cheesecakes?
Like why aren’t they more readily available? Why aren’t they sold at every shop in the universe? They’re red. They’re chocolatey. They’re… cheesecake. And they can be eaten in a few simple bites.
My local grocery store sells strangely flavored beef jerky and miniature flashlights by the cash register. But no mini red velvet cheesecakes.
I think that it is my right as a human being to be deeply upset by this.
If you’re new to baking cheesecake, I’ve got some great news for you. Karo® Corn Syrup is here to help with a sweet little recipe for Valentine’s Day, and this is the PERFECT recipe to start! It’s incredibly straight-forward. No fussy water bath or worrying about cracking. Just fifteen minutes of prep! And baking is a great way to show much you care about someone, so you may want to bake a little
extra for your Valentines.
Any old-school baking experts out will go crazy for these little cheesecakes, too. They are every bit as cute as they are delicious. The red color is fun and festive and the white chocolate ganache is a nice contrast to the creamy chocolate flavor and the Karo Syrup adds just the right balance of sweetness..
Start by placing a chocolate sandwich cookie in the bottom of 12 lined cupcake tins.
Beat together your ingredients and fill each tin roughly 2/3 full.
Bake for 18 – 20 minutes, until set. Remove from oven and let cool completely before topping with ganache and chilling until firm.
- 12 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Argo® Corn Starch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup Karo® Corn Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon food color, red
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line muffin pan with 12 paper baking cups. Place 1 chocolate sandwich cookie in each.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, corn starch and cocoa in a large bowl with an electric mixer until well mixed. Add egg and blend well. Add corn syrup, vanilla and red food coloring. Beat 1 minute.
- Pour filling into paper baking cups, dividing evenly. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until just set. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Prepare ganache: In a microwave-safe bowl, heat white chocolate chips and heavy cream, stopping to stir every 30 seconds until smooth. Stir in corn syrup and let chill until cooled and thickened.
- Spoon ganache over mini cheesecakes. Chill cheesecakes for at least one hour before serving.
Have a very happy Wednesday!