The perfect No Bake Cookie Recipe!! If you’ve ever struggled with getting these to set up correctly, this is the recipe for you!! Perfect, no fail cookies every time.
I don’t know if you’ve ever heard about this, but Arkansas has pretty much the worst weather ever.
We have three seasons — Hot, Wet, and Tornado-ey, but sometimes you’ll get a combo like Wet and Tornado-ey or Hot and Wet, which are especially wonderful. I’d say that the weather and the abundance of men’s t-shirts with the sleeves cut off are probably my least favorite things about living here, but don’t tell anyone I said that. These men here get really passionate about their right to bare arms.
But seriously, though.
This month the temperatures hovered around 100 degrees, which is totally ridiculous. Obviously this means that I never go outside because sweat ruins my make-up, and I need to put a little bit of distance between myself and Ulta for awhile. Because when my husband found out how many Reward Points I had, he almost had a heart attack.
I tried to tell him that by getting so much free stuff I was actually SAVING US MONEY, but he was so busy trying to calculate how much I had to spend in order to accumulate that many points that he wasn’t even hearing me. He was all, “why can’t you just do like you used to and get your make up from Walmart” and I explained,”I’m older now and old skin needs special stuff. CoverGirl only works for 20 year olds, EVERYONE KNOWS THIS.”
That is actually completely untrue, but I have found that with boys, if you speak with enough conviction, they’ll usually assume you are right. It helps to throw out phrases like, “We JUST talked about this the other day,” or “Remember, we saw that lady talking about it on the Today Show last Tuesday?” Another good one is, “What do you mean? It was YOUR IDEA to begin with!!” Trust me, if you say it like you know what you are talking about, you can get away with practically anything.
So like I said, it’s hot here, hot kitchens ruin my make up, and I’m trying to lay low on buying new make-up for awhile, so No Bake Cookies are a good call.
Also? They’re delicious.
Now — I realize that No Bake Cookies are nothing new, but I’ve heard enough No Bake Cookie horror stories that I feel that we should go over this carefully. If in the past, your cookies have remained gloppy, shiny, and refused to set up, this recipe will change your life. Follow my instructions exactly (EXACTLY!!) and you’ll have the perfect No Bake Cookie!
You’ll love these, I promise!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) salted butter
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups QUICK oats
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, butter, milk, and cocoa. (HAVE YOUR OTHER INGREDIENTS MEASURED OUT AND READY NEARBY) Stir constantly and bring to a ROLLING boil. By rolling boil, I mean that the ENTIRE surface of the pan contents should be steadily bubbling. Once this begins, set your timer and boil for exactly ONE MINUTE, stirring the whole time.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in vanilla and peanut butter until peanut butter is melted. Add quick oats and stir with a wooden spoon for about 2 minutes until the mixture begins to cool and thicken. Do NOT skimp on this step. Stirring for 2 minutes allows the oats to soften and cook just slightly in the hot liquid.
- Drop by spoonfuls on wax paper and allow to firm and cool for an hour or so.
Not only are these cookies amazingly good (one of my very favorites), but you can roll one up and trick your kid that it’s poop!