My FAVORITE Brownies recipe! If you are looking for a no-fail, dense, fudgy, chewy brownie — this one is for you!
My Favorite Brownies
The other day I promised I’d share the recipe for my FAVORITE brownies in the entire universe. And now here I am, sharing it days later than I intended because I got busy doing
shopping chores and things.
Why does it seem like there are things that need done EVERY day? Also, errands can go jump off a cliff.
For serious. Errands– I drop kick you and your multiple stops in my vehicle, unloading the toddler from the car seat, waiting in lines, boring ways. We are NOT friends.
Also, do you ever notice how at the post office, there is always that ONE person who has no idea how to mail things? How on earth do you reach adulthood and not grasp the concept of a simple box with addresses on it? Instead of calculus, I propose that Mailing Things be a subject in school. Along with Writing Checks, Interest Rates,and How to Fold Towels (THE RIGHT WAY).
Why These Brownies Are My Favorite Brownies
I have been making these brownies for years and years and years. They are a must have Jon David’s birthdays (he doesn’t eat cake because he’s an alien or whatever), and regardless of what new “best brownie recipe” I try from a cookbook or a blog, I always come back to these.
- They’re thick and slightly cakey, but dense and fudgey too.
- They’re chocolatey, but not so dark chocolately bitter that a kid won’t eat them.
- THEY HAVE FROSTING. The frosting is the best kind of frosting, which pours smoothly onto the brownies and sets up like a thin layer of fudge.
Also? My Favorite Brownies, they’re from a mix. But no one will ever know. If I got a dollar every time someone asked me for the recipe for these brownies, I’d have a lot of dollars.
Just kidding. I would have spent all the dollars on shoes already.
Thank the Cake Mix Doctor. She’s basically a rocket scientist. Enjoy!
Wanting More Brownie Recipes?
- Butterfinger Brownies
- Cookie Monster Brownies
- Twix Brownies
- Oreo Cheesecake Brownies
- Sno Ball Brownies
- 2 (20 oz each) boxes brownie mix -- I use Family Size Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge
- 12 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325. Line a 9x13 metal baking pan with foil -- lightly spray the bottom with baking spray.
- Put the brownie mix, butter, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl. Mix with a wooden spoon until combined. Batter will be very thick. Spread in prepared pan evenly and bake for about 45 minutes, until center is set, but still a bit soft.
- Let brownies cool for about 20 minutes. Prepare frosting: In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt your butter. Once the butter is melted, add the cocoa powder and milk, stirring until the mixture becomes thick and is JUST starting to boil. Remove from heat and whisk in powdered sugar. Pour over brownies, spreading quickly before it sets.
- Let brownies cool to room temperature. I then refrigerate them (for easier cutting) and once chilled, remove foil from pan, peel off of brownies, and cut into squares.
From The Cake Mix Doctor Returns (a must have book in my opinion)
You will never need another brownie recipe again — trust me on this.
Enjoy and have a very happy Thursday!!