**This post and recipe was originally published in 2011. I have updated the photos and reshared — this is one of my favorite cupcakes!
Sometimes I think that the world would be a lot easier if people would just be normal.
Like, maybe…it’s a subject they could teach in school.
And then, anytime you go to do something, you could stop and think about all the years of Normal you took in school.
Like, do you remember on Real Housewives of New York when Kelly was telling Alex that clomping down the stairs all abrupt and turning red and being all out of breath and yelling was not what normal people did? I totally knew what she meant!
I mean, in my opinion, unique and un-normal are not the same thing. You can totally be different and yourself without driving people crazy with your strangeness.
Just in case you aren’t on board with my Normal Class yet, allow me to expand on some of the subjects I would be going over as part of our curriculum:
Personal Space and Why Strangers Need It
Appropriate Questions for Dummies
Awkward Hugs–How Long is Too Long?
You and Your Eating Habits–Suitable Conversations/Sound Effects for the Dinner Table
Staring is Not Okay
(and my personal favorite) Texting 101 and Why You Should Never Actually Call a Person on the Phone With Real Voices
Anyways, this is just an idea and obviously in the very beginning stages, but I think if we all call our school boards and demand it, we can probably make this happen.
In other, perfectly normal news, I made cupcakes with Mint Oreos the other day. You probably should too.You will love these!!
And if you don’t, you are probably not a real human.
- 24 Mint Oreos
- Box Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 15 Mint Oreos, crushed completely into superfine crumbs
- 4 sticks of butter, softened
- 4 Tablespoons milk
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons mint extract
- A few drops green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 24 muffin tins with cupcake liners. Place a Oreo in the bottom of each liner.
- In the bowl of a mixer, combine cake mix, melted butter, water and eggs. Beat on low for one minute. Scrape sides of bowl and increase speed to high. Beat for another minutes.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full and bake for about 15 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Allow to cool completely on a cooling rack before serving.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat butter, milk, and extracts on low speed until smooth and combined. Slowly add powdered sugar and beat on low until just mixed. Increase speed to medium high and beat for 2 minutes. Add cookie crumbs and beat on low until well combined. Add a few drops of green coloring until desired shade of green is reached.
- Pipe frosting on cupcakes (I used a large round tip) and top with an extra Oreo, if desired.
Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!!